atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jilby Starplus STSe "Sta in out of office" message - 09/26/12 08:17 PM
Hi--I recently replaced a damaged KSU, and subsequently reprogrammed the 24 button keysets. One extension sends everything to voicemail without ringing (intercom or transferred calls), and the LCD says "STA IN OUT OF OFFICE" . The programming is like all the other extensions, there is no indicator light on, and I can find nothing about this message in any of the manuals. Help!
In and Out requires a flex button programmed with 644 to turn it off and on. Don't know why In/Out would be on with no button assigned but just assign one anyway and then erase it afterward.
Posted By: A6 Re: Starplus STSe "Sta in out of office" message - 09/27/12 03:09 AM
You don't need to assign a button to turn it off.
Just dial 644 on the keypad and it will turn off.

I see people pick up a phone and start dialing a phone number not realizing they have an intercom tone instead of a dial tone. When I have a customer accidentally dial this, I usually blank out this code number in programming next time I go on site.
A6 - Thanks for the update. I was just reading what was in my user guide.

I also prefer to add a [*] in front of any feature code that matches a local prefix to prevent those kind of errors.
Thanks--that did it! I've no idea how it happened, but that fixed it. I'm adding that one to my notes!
It happened by someone dialing 644 without being on an outside line. It happens all the time around here. You will definitely want to keep this in your notes because it is not noted anywhere in Vodavi's or Vertical's documentation.
I once had a user inadvertently dial the station swap code and change his station number!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help