atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PKERN STSe 3535-00 Disk Based VM - 11/17/12 10:58 PM
I just moved a customer's Vodavi STS Infinite with in-skin HD VM.
The programming database had to be re loaded from my computer as the memory battery is bad. Due to circumstances the system was shut down a few times and reloaded. All was working well, including the Digitalk 3535-00 VM.
But after the last reboot and reload of database, the VM will not respond when called by VM ext or VM hunt group number.
Is this a failed VM, or could it need to be reset?

I don't have the In-Skins Admin software. Anyone able to provide that for me. And would it help to access it that way?

PLEASE HELP.
Posted By: Derrick Re: STSe 3535-00 Disk Based VM - 11/18/12 02:13 AM
You didn't give much detail about what happens when calling the voice mail. It could be a vm failure. The easiest way to find out is to use a monitor, keyboard and mouse and watch it boot after a reset.
Posted By: PKERN Re: STSe 3535-00 Disk Based VM - 11/19/12 07:13 AM
When calling the VM it just rings with no answer.

So can I reset the VM with the KSU still running? And do I connect the monitor keyboard and mouse directly to the VM card?
Then, what do I look for on the monitor for a good boot up?

I read in the manual that to shut the system down you should park the hard drive. But the system was moved by the customer and also shut down a few other times during reinstall, without parking the drive.
Posted By: oobie Re: STSe 3535-00 Disk Based VM - 11/19/12 12:50 PM
You can reset just the card by pushing the reset button on it. And yes you connect a monitor right to the VGA port on the card.
Posted By: PKERN Re: STSe 3535-00 Disk Based VM - 11/20/12 12:50 AM
Thank you. I watched it boot up on the monitor. Here's what happens:
It runs PFStartup.bat but stops with an Application Error "MAINTNT caused a General Protection Fault in module MAINTNT.EXE at 0028:01DF."
I can get to the Process Monitor which shows DataServer Running but PathFinder continually trying to start.

Could it be a corrupted file that can be copied to the hard drive?
Posted By: Derrick Re: STSe 3535-00 Disk Based VM - 11/20/12 03:02 AM
It looks to be a corrupted Embedded XP file. You could run
chkdsk /r from the command prompt and see if it repairs it. This error usually happens because the power is turned off to the vm during the boot process.
Posted By: PKERN Re: STSe 3535-00 Disk Based VM - 11/22/12 07:05 AM
Ran chkdsk/r on both volume c: & d:
No errors were reported and trouble stays the same.
Would it be worth copying a new MAINTNT.EXE file to the "D:\Pathfinder directory? That's the file that seems to be causing the error.
Anyone have that file or know where I could get it?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help