atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: abqnm Digital Dispatch DHD-04 Question - 12/05/12 04:17 AM
I have a Vodavi Digital Dispatch DHD-04 Dolphin (the blue one) connected to a Starplus Triad-S with Infinite Basic software (FP3 - don't remember the exact version).

I was wondering if there is any way to download the voicemail messages directly from the VM system to the PC. The company I admin for has a need to save these recordings and it can be a hassle using a recording adapter and playing back from the phone. I was thinking about using ecom and the "ZMS" command to download them over serial but I have not had time to try it. Would this work?

Also, does anyone know where in the file system the voicemails are stored, are they encrypted and what file format are they in?

The company I am admin for has this system and I am fully capable of programming both the KSU and VM and have all passwords. The dealer who configured it originally is long gone and the only local Vodavi dealer wasn't very keen on picking up the maintenance of such an old system as they are trying to move away from Vodavi/Vertical.

I appreciate any assistance.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Digital Dispatch DHD-04 Question - 12/05/12 12:26 PM
You can download the files via the serial port. I don't remember what folders they were in. This is not practical though...you have to park the voice-mail system (it wont process calls) and connect your laptop or PC. It takes a LONG time to download voice files at 9600 baud.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Digital Dispatch DHD-04 Question - 12/05/12 06:27 PM
I always remove the HD and connect it to a USB to HD adapter when transferring almost any voice mail system files. But from what I remember, the format to play back the voice messages isn't in any easy to find program. They aren't in the common VOX file format so about all this information is good for is to help you off load the files for emergency restoration in the event of HD failure.To accomplish what you want to do would require their Pathfinder voice mail system.
Posted By: abqnm Re: Digital Dispatch DHD-04 Question - 12/06/12 12:58 AM
Thanks for the information. I was just looking to explore the options as they don't want to invest in new equipment. Parking the system and having it offline is not a huge issue as it is only used at night and for recording calls once in a while (these are the recordings they want mostly). I will give it a shot and see if I can make it work but if not they can still just record them in real-time with a telephone recording adapter as they are now.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help