atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Starbuck First timer - 01/09/13 02:44 PM
OK, I swapped out a triad sts yesterday, Actually used the manual to program. Got everything except:

Line 5 and 6 have no dialtone - (did the usual testing -took co 4 put it on 5 zilch and 5 to 4 good)but I have a feeling it is in card config?
DSS Console (x123) is paired to x100 but i can't seem to program buttons. Are these buttons 25 and on off of the 24 button phone 9100) or do i program the buttons on 123? So confused.
Any help would rock!
Thanks
Starbuck
Posted By: EV607797 Re: First timer - 01/09/13 02:52 PM
There's no such thing as a "Triad STS", but I'm assuming that you have a standard STS. As for lines 5/6 not working, did you assign the card slot in flash 24 to support an additional LCI4 card and then reboot the system?

As for the programming of the DSS buttons, you would do this in flash 50, page B, button 11 for station 123. DSS map #2 should have given you all of the extensions appearing though, so there shouldn't be much programming required.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: First timer - 01/09/13 02:59 PM
Thanks ED...yes, it is a STS and as to assigning the card slot in flash 24, I thought I did. I configured my cards per the instruction (put switch 8 in the different position) and rebooted. When I hit the line, it comes up, just doesn't give me dial tone.

As to the DSS, I thought I did do the buttons for 123 using flash 50 page b btn 11. DSS map? Huh?

I will go back there and try again today.

Thanks,
Jim

Posted By: EV607797 Re: First timer - 01/09/13 03:28 PM
I wonder if your LCI4 card is in the correct slot? It should be in the one farthest to the right. People often think that the cards go from left to right, but they go the opposite in the STS.

The DSS map is defined in flash 50, page B, button 1. If you entered 2100 as the station type, it would be map 2, paired with extension 100. Map 2 has extensions 100-147 appearing on buttons 1-48.
Posted By: oobie Re: First timer - 01/09/13 06:41 PM
If you configured the card and switched dip switch 8 it would initialize the system so that might be the problem. You config your the card and then do a simple reset you do not need to change dip switch 8 to program any cards in it.

and Ed is right on about the DSS mapping.
Posted By: MnDave Re: First timer - 01/10/13 02:20 PM
Reinitializing the system means that you get to start all over again from scratch!
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: First timer - 01/10/13 09:41 PM
Agreed; I'd make sure the system is holding its database and then try frogging the LCOB cards to make sure the second one works.

I'll bet a replacement hookswitch it's something fairly simple. smile
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help