atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jack Salvadore PRI timing erros on XTS - 03/29/13 01:48 PM
I have a XTSc that has a PRI. Not infrequently the PRI loses communications with the CLEC for about 10-15 minutes. During this time the CLEC reports timing errors. We know it is not the CLEC because she switched carriers last year and the problem persists. The question is it a bad card?
Posted By: Derrick Re: PRI timing erros on XTS - 03/29/13 05:48 PM
Not necessarily, could be a parameter setting. First two questions...how old is the card and is it a combo pri/ti card. I ask because the early versions of that card had some really bad timing issues.
Posted By: Jack Salvadore Re: PRI timing erros on XTS - 03/30/13 06:11 AM
It is easily 10 years old. I'll have to get the rev number.
Posted By: MnDave Re: PRI timing erros on XTS - 04/02/13 12:32 AM
Could also be a bad PLLU on the "c" cabinet.
Posted By: Derrick Re: PRI timing erros on XTS - 04/02/13 08:31 PM
Combo card has a cat 5 connection....older card has a db 15 connector.

One other thing..if your provider is providing the pri of a soft switch...that can also cause problems.
Posted By: Jack Salvadore Re: PRI timing erros on XTS - 04/03/13 05:43 PM
Provider is TPAC off an IAD. It's a combo, has a 8P connector.
Posted By: Derrick Re: PRI timing erros on XTS - 04/03/13 09:39 PM
I suspect that is what is causing your problem...there was a field mod done by Vertical/Aztec that you can see if you know where to look. If that Mod is not there then the board has really bad timing errors, however even with the mod some of the older combo cards still had the same error. I suggest you get one of the older pri cards along with the cable and do a swap. Used Phones or Novus LLC will work something out with you I am sure.

I have been there done that more than once.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help