atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rjccs Vodavi Sts - Custom Auto Attendant Greeting - 05/30/13 01:52 PM
Hi,

I'm pretty new to this phone system and I am trying to update our auto attendant greeting options. My boss wants the gretting to be something like "for accounting press 1, for engineering press 2" etc and possible have some submenus under each of these options. I have been reading through the user manual and I think I can make this custom greeting by connecting via hyperterminal. I followed the steps in the "starplus stse programming and operations manual" to try and connect via hyperterminal but I can't get the main menu to come up where I can enter the password. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! If I'm trying to do something that isn't possible that would be great to know also.

Thanks!
What you are asking is really more than we are supposed to give on this site. You are looking for technician level programming. If you aren't careful you could disable your system if you don't know what you are doing. The changes you are trying to make would involve auto attendant changes as well as telephone system changes (depending on how well you want the application to work). I highly recommend you hire a skilled technician to do this type of programming for you. Sorry I couldn't help you further.
I found out that I had to take the face plate off the Vodavi box and use the serial port that is right on the card to be able to program it. After I did this, I was able to access all the menus that are described in the programming guide. It was actually pretty straight forward to setup the different menus and sub-menus for the auto attendant features if you follow the steps in the manual.

Thanks for the help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help