atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Atawards CID Problems on DVX Plus Mach I - 09/18/13 11:51 AM
I have a Infinite DVX Plus Mach I and a 7480-00 Caller ID interface unit. I am trying to get the two to communicate to each other however I was not sure if there is a way to test the Caller ID to determine if it is communicating with the phone system. Is there a special RS-232 cable that I should be using? I can’t determine the correct pin assignments for the Mach I. I have looked in various install manuals and other areas. I have the pin assignments for the Caller ID. In the system programing I have the Caller ID enabled, baud 9600, SIU1, and have changed the ring delay timer to 04. The dip switches on the MISB are all off (down). The dip switches on the CID are all on (down) for 9600 baud. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you in advance.

-BJ
Posted By: Derrick Re: CID Problems on DVX Plus Mach I - 09/18/13 12:44 PM
The co lines have to be parallel connected to the 7480 in exactly the same order as the phone system. The lines connect from the bottom up starting with the mainboard in the 7480. The cable that came with the unit was a straight thru ribbon cable and it needed a gender changer. Pin outs from the unit to the phone system are 3 to 3 and 5 to 5. You need to match port you choose baud rate to the 7480 in flash 15 programming as well.
Posted By: Atawards Re: CID Problems on DVX Plus Mach I - 09/18/13 06:43 PM
Thank you for the quick reply.

I have the co lines in parallel in the same order from bottom up. Also I am using the straight thru cable with the gender changer. I also matched port and baud in flash 15 as well.... Is there a way to test the 7480 for data transfer?? I have tested the co lines using a standard Caller ID phone so I know the feature is active from the phone company.

Thank you
Posted By: Derrick Re: CID Problems on DVX Plus Mach I - 09/18/13 06:45 PM
I used to test them with a laptop and hyperterm.
Posted By: Atawards Re: CID Problems on DVX Plus Mach I - 09/19/13 06:49 PM
Great. Will try that. Thank you smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help