atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jimcom Vodavi Digi 1428 VM - 02/03/14 07:21 PM
I have a new customer moved into a building with an existing and working 1428 Digi Hybrid system. They need a voice mail. I don't remember what voice mail works with this system, I haven't worked on these for 15 years. I thought I remembered the 1428 came with 2 analog ports, but I'm beginning to doubt that now. Will the blue case 303-2 work with digi ports? Do I need an analog adapter card and use the 203-02?

Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi Digi 1428 VM - 02/03/14 07:43 PM
The blue case Digital dispatch will not work. You will need an slt card or adapter for the analog Dispatch system voice mail. However I think it would be easier if they replaced the system.
Posted By: jimcom Re: Vodavi Digi 1428 VM - 02/03/14 07:59 PM
I agree, I could put in an ACS that would be trouble free for years to come, but I'm sure it's a matter of $$ for this start up company. This one works for basic calls, they're not happy with their off the shelf answering machine.
So the Digital Hybrid did not come with analog ports. That may help me convince them to toss it.

Thanks
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi Digi 1428 VM - 02/05/14 08:26 PM
If they decide to keep it, you will also have to replace some dial pads. Those are the ones that won't dial unless you use a hammer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help