atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: keytel 96EX Question - 02/07/14 04:33 PM
Hi All,

On Monday I will be installing an additional SIB board on a 96ex cabinet. This unit has been installed for a long time and would like to avoid any problems because it has a lot of complex programming and parts are hard to come by. In other words, I would like to avoid powering down the unit in order to install the card.
If I set the switch on the board to "service", can I install it whilst the unit is still on without any repercussions?
I would appreciate your opinion on this install.

Thanks for your time.

Paul
Posted By: MnDave Re: 96EX Question - 02/07/14 06:19 PM
Yes. That is what the service switch was designed for. However, before you do anything to that system, get a database print out! I can't stress that enough!

Do not power down the system without a printout. There is no database download option that I know of and your memory support battery is likely dead from age. Unfortunately, it is mounted near the edge connector and cannot be replaced without removing the CPB from the cabinet.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: 96EX Question - 02/07/14 09:19 PM
Ditto what Dave said...get a printout. I would also make the customer sign a waiver releasing you of any responsibility should the system crap out. While you probably won't have a problem, the system is over 20 years old. This also makes the customer think about upgrading the system.

Good luck!
Posted By: keytel Re: 96EX Question - 02/10/14 07:45 PM
Thanks for the advice gentlemen.

Card installed without any problems, although I was having trouble for a few minutes till I realized the I hadn't flipped the switch on the new card back to "normal" ! Gave me a few anxious moments.

Regards,
Paul
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: 96EX Question - 02/10/14 10:28 PM
It's crazy to me that any of those are still out there running... Our last one went away over 5 years ago!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help