atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary S. STS E - 02/27/14 07:02 PM
Refurbed ksu, install 12=4=13. Customer says low volume when calling in on lines 1 & 2. Telco lines test uniform over the 6 pots lines. I know i can move the lines to spare co ports. This is the 3rd cabinet in the past 3-4 years with the same issue. Is there something more i can do or just move the line ports.

Thanks Gary S (still home on crutches)
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: STS E - 02/27/14 07:19 PM
The only time I had this issue was when the Telco had a couple of lines with very high loop current. We installed one of Sandman's devices and never had the problem again.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: STS E - 02/27/14 07:49 PM
I agree. The CO line ports on those things are very sensitive to high loop current.
Posted By: STS E Re: STS E - 02/27/14 08:40 PM
I do remember Larry when you were having that same issue.
Seems like you may have been rather close to the C.O. but here again i may be wrong, most of the time now days i am.
Now days lines are hot coming out of par gain devices or mux units or whatever they call them.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: STS E - 02/27/14 08:52 PM
Dang TJ! You have a good memory!!

The CO was on the next block. smile
Posted By: STS E Re: STS E - 02/27/14 09:28 PM
NEC systems has a feature where you can go in programming and
pad your Trunk for the loop.Supposed to work but never really had it use it.
I remember you may of had to eat the KSU due to warranty still in effect. You were not happy.

Getting TELCO to resolve the issue is rather difficult until
you can get a hold of someone and turn his light on.

Normally they just move the card around in the MUX to a different card slot. (no kidding). Thus other subscribes may end up with problem.

Yours was coming straight out of the CO. no buffer in between.
Posted By: Gary S. Re: STS E - 02/28/14 01:49 AM
Which Sandman high loop product do you use and or reccommend ?

Thanks Gary S.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: STS E - 02/28/14 12:42 PM
Gary,

It has been a long time and I don't remember which one we used. Any of them should do the trick.

Others have made there own, so maybe one of them will chime in.

-Larry
Posted By: justbill Re: STS E - 02/28/14 01:56 PM
There is an automatic regulator that I use, It just clips across the pins of a split block. middle bottom here. The work very well and since things can change you don't need to mess with it if they do.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help