atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jnimmick Vodavi STSe soldered backup battery - 05/01/14 08:23 PM
does anyone have a solution to replace the backup battery that is soldered onto the main board on the KSU? I have a customer who has a bad battery and if when the power fails they loose their database programming. I do have an APC UPS connected, however if power is out more than an hour that of course is going to be out of juice.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Vodavi STSe soldered backup battery - 05/01/14 08:53 PM
I've had the battery made at batteries plus then replaced them on site usually go in after hours since the system is down for a hour or so
Posted By: skip555 Re: Vodavi STSe soldered backup battery - 05/01/14 09:55 PM
here is a older thread on it

good suggestions here
Posted By: STS E Re: Vodavi STSe soldered backup battery - 05/01/14 10:15 PM
I order the battery's from MOUSER 800-346-6873.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Vodavi STSe soldered backup battery - 05/02/14 03:52 PM
I agree with Skip. I have recently started taking my boards or the entire KSU itself to Batteries Plus. They will solder a new battery in minutes. They also have never charged me anything to do it, just for the battery.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi STSe soldered backup battery - 05/02/14 04:43 PM
I order batteries from Aztec. I solder them on myself. You don't have to remove the motherboard. Power down the system, turn the battery switch off then twist the old battery back and forth a couple of times until it snaps off and solder a new one right in its place. Turn the battery switch back on, take a voltage reading and make sure you have over three volts, power up the system. Set time and date, power it off and back on again and make sure it defaults with switch 8 in the safe position. Reprogram. Good to go.
In the good old Tie days you could pop a lithium out of the battery tray and pop another one in (most of the units.)

Soldering in a new Battery Holder lets you have pop in batteries.

Good old Radio Shack.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help