atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tqillya XTS IP phone - 07/13/14 04:27 AM
I have an XTS that is using the LAN board for a remote office with some IP phones. I have 3 3808-71's and 2 3824-71's that are working fine. I just purchased a 3813-71 for a reputable aftermarket distributer and I can not get it to sync with the LAN card. I have tried mirroring the settings of the working phones with no luck.

I have entered the MAC address in flash 50 and set it to check the mac address only as the other 5 phones are set.

I am not using DHCP on any of the phones , I have set static IP's. The DHCP was working on some and not on others for some reason so I just went static

Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS IP phone - 07/13/14 01:08 PM
If the phone really is good, you should be able to go to a browser on the same network and enter the static IP address that you've given the phone. This will take you to a menu provided by the phone that will enable you to confirm the MAC. I've found in the past that either the MAC label is missing or incorrect.

Also, how many ports are on your LAN card? While it is true that you can usually maintain a 2:1 ratio of stations to ports, that assumes that only half of the phones will be in use at any given point. I don't think that the system checks this, but if you are attempting to exceed this ratio, it may be prohibiting it. You might want to try disconnecting one of the other IP phones to see if it allows your new phone to connect.
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS IP phone - 07/13/14 01:27 PM
The 3813 (originally a TRIAD ip phone) is no longer supported by the XTS system. It is not listed under the station id codes in flash 50/51. I suggest you exchange it for a 7024 which will work fine.

If you have set the correct number of ip stations in flash 46 programming and set the new extension number to be a supported ip phone such as the 3824, the phone may come up but it will not function correctly.
Posted By: tqillya Re: XTS IP phone - 07/23/14 01:14 AM
Is there a way to change the ringer on an IP phone?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help