atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: htd Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/09/14 02:16 AM
How can a DND be removed from another station? The kitchen phone is Station 110 and is on DND when I press that number. But I cannot remove it and that phone is not the same as mine so I cannot go to that phone and simply press a button to turn it off. Is there a way I can remove it by auto attendant? I have been trying different things from the manual but haven't figured it out yet. Thank you f anyone or any help!
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/09/14 02:38 AM
Dial the dnd code 631 and toggle it off or create a button using the code...this is in the user manual. You can only remove it at the phone itself.
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/09/14 09:32 PM
OK, thanks for your reply. Is there a way to remove DND from another station, or auto attendant? I want to stop the light from blinking.

thanks again.
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/09/14 09:56 PM
To be more clear, the phone is a 2802 1 line phone. I don't know how to turn off DND. I don't have the manual and there's nothing identifying the buttons. It's like working blind but if you could tell me how to turn off the flashing button, it is in DND mode, but there isn't a DND button, I have tried to find the manual but haven't so far. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.
I don't know of any flashing light on a single line set that would indicate that the station is in do not disturb. The lights on single line phones are usually indicative of a message waiting, either in voice mail or someone activated a station message wait/callback command.

One thing that you haven't told us: What phone system is this phone connected to? A 2802 (or any single line phone) will work on nearly any telephone system out there.
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/10/14 12:04 AM
The phone is connected to a Starplus STS system, which is what the rest of the office uses. The only 2802 is in the kitchen. Also the 2802 doesn't show a flashing light, only the rest of the phones show the light flashing, when I press the station number, the message on the display reads: "DO NOT DISTURB" STA 110. Let me know if this clears things up and thank you so much for helping.

Do as Derrick stated, go to the single line phone and dial 631 if that doesn't work try 662, 631 toggles DND on and off at the SLT.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/10/14 05:12 PM
This happens when a user forgets to dial [9] before dialing a 631 number. When a local office code matches a feature dial code, I add a [*] to the feature to prevent this. I suspect this is what happened even though you listed yourself as from "nowhere"
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/10/14 07:29 PM
I will try the following:
I will go to the 2802 phone pick up the handle and dial 9, 631 or 9, 662. If that doesn't work, then I am supposed to try *631 or *662. Is this correct? Thank you again for your help.

Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/10/14 07:37 PM
Do not use a 9 or a * just dial the code 631 or 662 if necessary.
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/10/14 11:20 PM
I tried dialing just 631 or 662 but that didn't work. I dialed *631 and a message says "cannot use this code" or something to that effect. I dialed *662 and that says "call back function cannot be used". Does anyone have any other ideas? It's a 2802 - - I wonder if there is a different code I could try? Thank you.
This might be a stupid question, but assuming from a prior post that the SLT is extension 110? If it's not then do the same from extension 110. Asking this because neither of the two plain old phone ports on the STS are 110. There could be a separate SLT card though that would allow 110.

Just to confirm you did get system dial tone (not outside dialtone) and dialed just 631 or 662, no 9's or any other lead number or feature? If from the plain old phone you don't have to dial a 9 to get an outside line let us know.

Also you must hang up and get fresh system dial tone between each try.
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/11/14 02:45 AM
no, I did not get system dialtone from the 2802 phone. I only got outside dialtone. The only time I heard anything from the system is when I enter *631 or *662, then I got a message saying it wasn't capable or something to that effect. would it help if I called the office from that phone and got an ID on the display showing the line? I'm running out of possibilities. Thank you again for your help.
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/11/14 02:53 AM
Okay, it gets better....when I called from that phone the caller id shows it as dedicated fax line. So if that is a dedicated fax line, that is why it is on DND. I don't know enough about setting up phone lines so I would ask you, does it make sense to you to have set it up this way? A dedicated fax line, which is a phone in the kitchen, which appears on the Starplus STS as DND. Is that the way things are usually set up? The fax machine is in the office, would the two be connected?
OK, now we are onto something here. This extension is set for off-hook preference to an outside line, which appears to be your fax line. My guess is that it is a line that is shared with the system for casual outward calling. The thought process behind these setups is that it doesn't make sense for a fax line to be sitting there idle for just the occasional fax transmission. I'm thinking that your fax line is perhaps the last line connected to the system.

I've never tried this, but it might be worth giving it a shot:

Go off-hook and dial an outgoing call to someone who answers. Once this occurs, press the flash button on the phone to gain internal dial tone and THEN try dialing 631 to cancel the DND feature. Press flash again to return to your original call and then hang up.

Fingers crossed...........
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/11/14 01:18 PM
I think you need to turn off off hook preference also known as ring down/hot line before you can turn off DND

From the manual:

An SLT user can press the FLASH button and dial their own number to override Off-Hook
Preference and gain intercom access.
To disable Off-Hook Preference:
Goof off hook
1. Press Flash.
2. Dial [691].
3. Dial [00].

Once you can dial other stations then you can dial the dnd code with no problem.
Not from the manual, but I'd think if you could get system DT via flash you'd be able to dial the code. I'm not near as sharp as Derick or Ed on the Vodavi, but I think I'd try that first.

There must be a reason why it was set up this way.
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/13/14 11:55 PM
Before I try to undo this, I need to know how to re-do it. How would I return it to the original blinking red if I need to for any reason?

Thank you
Posted By: htd Re: Vodavi Star Plus-Remove DND from station - 12/13/14 11:56 PM
OK, How do I return it to the blinking light if I need to for any reason. I haven't tried to release it yet until I know how to return it to the blinking light setting.

thanks, Helene
Originally Posted by justbill
Do as Derrick stated, go to the single line phone and dial 631 if that doesn't work try 662, 631 toggles DND on and off at the SLT.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help