atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Deltron XTS PRI Issues. - 05/12/15 12:40 AM
A CLEC did it again.

XTS , SW 2.23, PRI card (not combo) Ver 1.0h.

They switched over to a soft switch from an PRI that was riding on an ATT line fed by a #5ESS. Two calls come in at the same time and the second call will not route correctly. I told them to put it back on their #5ESS office switch. They did so but over their fiber link versus the old ATT copper trunk. Of course it's doing the same thing.

Any ideas?
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS PRI Issues. - 05/12/15 01:31 AM
Fiber, as a rule, should not be the source of this problem. Some parameter is still off somewhere. Do they have a channel rotation set up, terminal, circular, most idle?
Posted By: MnDave Re: XTS PRI Issues. - 05/12/15 05:51 AM
Use etrace to see what digits they are sending?
Posted By: Deltron Re: XTS PRI Issues. - 05/12/15 01:37 PM
For what it's worth we've never had an XTS PRI work with a soft switch. Either we have this issue or DNS doesn't route correctly at all.

Last week we had another one cut from a different CLEC and it did the exact same thing. They moved it back to their DMS and life was good. Same thing last year with an XTSc.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS PRI Issues. - 05/12/15 03:44 PM
Same here. I think that I finally determined that the name information that they were sending with the call was outside industry standards with regard to total number of characters. As a test, we had the carrier remove name information and it worked fine.

You can't beat a PRI from a 5E or DMS. Why do they have to keep fixing things that aren't broken?
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS PRI Issues. - 05/12/15 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by EV607797
Same here. I think that I finally determined that the name information that they were sending with the call was outside industry standards with regard to total number of characters. As a test, we had the carrier remove name information and it worked fine.

You can't beat a PRI from a 5E or DMS. Why do they have to keep fixing things that aren't broken?

They break em so they can charge to "fix" them.
Posted By: Deltron Re: XTS PRI Issues. - 05/17/15 03:08 AM
Looking at the trace from the CLEC everything looked good. On the XTS side it was random digits when the first line was ringing. There didn't seem to be any pattern to it.

My solution was to front end the system to VM and call it good. The VM answers so fast the likelihood of two calls simultaneously ringing in is almost zero.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help