atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mbrown1971 Stopping External Calls. - 04/06/16 02:53 AM
Had a Customer call me tonight that a few analog phones are being used by the kids at the school. They are calling every long distance person in the world lol. They want to block all external Calls just inbound to the station and station to station calls. Having a brain fart do I just move the stations to another class of service with no C0 lines. Any Suggestions??? Thanks again for all the help.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Stopping External Calls. - 04/06/16 11:43 AM
I would think you would want them to have access to 911. So they would need to be in a group with DT.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Stopping External Calls. - 04/06/16 02:01 PM
I'm not sure which system you are referring to, but it sounds like you will need to set up a toll restriction table and only allow 911. The "canned restriction" will allow local calls, 911, and 800 numbers to work, but it sounds like you want no outbound at all. I agree with Hitechcomm though. You should allow 911, and to do that you will have to set up toll restriction.
Posted By: mbrown1971 Re: Stopping External Calls. - 04/06/16 03:31 PM
Sorry its a XTS with Partial T-1
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Stopping External Calls. - 04/06/16 08:25 PM
You'll want to change the Class of Service for those extensions. I think COS 6 will restrict everything, you'll need to put in a bypass to allow 911 access.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help