atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jnew Starplus STS ICLID problem - 04/15/16 01:42 PM
Please help me get caller ID back on our phones.

We dropped 1 phone line (LINE 007) and since then no caller ID on our main 4 lines (LINE 001 - 004) just on the last line (LINE 008). Seems strange that last line shows caller ID info but the other 4 lines do not. Checked the caller ID info from the incoming lines and it displays fine on a hand held phone. Something inside the Vodavi box seems to be blocking the ICLID info, the STS phones just say 'LINE RINGING' except for our last line.

I have looked thru the admin programming (**XXXX) and nothing stands out to be setup wrong. Is it somehow wiring? Since a line isn't really there and the VODAVI is looking for it? Please advise.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Starplus STS ICLID problem - 04/15/16 04:42 PM
Removing one line should not affect the CID on the other lines.

Did you do anything else? Change providers? Have the auto-attendant start answering, instead of answering live? Etc...
Posted By: Derrick Re: Starplus STS ICLID problem - 04/15/16 09:49 PM
Since the STS has built in caller id..if there is a CID mod on each card, the only programming is enable it and set the ring delay for each line to 04.
Posted By: bcstechs Re: Starplus STS ICLID problem - 04/19/16 01:19 PM
Have you tried moving the working line to a different CO port in the STS? We had a similar issue, and found that a leaky ground on the CO lines was preventing the Caller ID from going through. We'd see the Caller ID on the line bit not when connected to the KSU.
Posted By: bcstechs Re: Starplus STS ICLID problem - 04/19/16 01:39 PM
Correction in previous post - was not a leaky ground. We were picking up AC on the phone line. Had to used a SNIX filter
Posted By: jnew Re: Starplus STS ICLID problem - 04/19/16 02:54 PM
Sorry for the delayed response been out sick. Nothing else changed with the system just dropped a line. Same provider. Even thought it was the provider and they came out and showed me thru a handset that the caller ID info was being sent on all the lines. It makes no sense to me but that is why I asked the experts. I have just changed the ring delay to 04 and that did not help. I have not moved the working line to a different CO port. How would I do this?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Starplus STS ICLID problem - 04/19/16 07:25 PM
It could be that you CID mod for the KSU is bad, you can try by moving line one which would be on the first pair (white/blue) of the COL 66-block to the 5th position (white/slate)of the COL 66 block. This is something that might be worth paying a pro to do.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help