atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tqillya Triad 2 PRI - 12/30/16 06:19 AM
Today I added a Pri to an existing system. I believe the software is 2.16 . I have a route programmed to Ring 5 extensions during the day and ring a single extension at night that is a SLT. I have the SLT forwarded to a speed dial bin for their the after hours answering service. The problem is that I don't think the forwarding is working because it's a did route.

The solution I came up with is to have the slt ring into a co port the set the forward timer to 2 seconds and set the vmid digits to another slt extension that is forwarded to the speed dial bin. Then I have the mailbox of the digital dispatch set to forward to the extension.

This does work but when you call in you hear "please hold while I transfer you" and the the call is completed .

I'm hoping for a simpler solution to my problem. If I upgrade to ver. 4.11 do I get to set call forwarding destinations for DID routes? Is there any way to do this without upgrading?

Thanks for any help
Posted By: Derrick Re: Triad 2 PRI - 12/31/16 04:24 AM
FP4 has the option of setting a did route to ring directly to a speed bin the same as if it were an extension. It can be set for day,night, or special. I don't remember this being an option with 2.16

That being said I seem to remember that 2.16 had a bug..you can't ring a line call directly to an off net forwarded extension without it ringing to another extension first. The first extension should be no answer forwarded with a short timer to the second one that is off net forwarded. Then the call should work the way you want it too.

With this set up you don't have to use the AA or VM as the first ringing extension.
Posted By: tqillya Re: Triad 2 PRI - 01/02/17 09:48 PM
Thanks Derrick. I will upgrade to Feat.4. It knew that was my best option it was just too late in the day to reprogram the database.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Triad 2 PRI - 01/09/17 08:38 PM
Remember, upgrading that system requires replacing 2 EPROMS.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help