atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Craig A. Ahrens Executive/Secretary pairing - 03/01/17 11:09 PM
This is a Mach I system. I have an extension connected to a Single line adapter. I assigned that extension as the secretary pairing but calls will not ring that phone when the Executive phone is either busy or in DND. All calls go directly to voicemail when busy or in DND. Even though I set the external busy forward to ####.

Is it because the secretary phone is an SLT? Or did I miss some other programming?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Executive/Secretary pairing - 03/02/17 04:46 AM
The camp-on feature is an integral part of Ex-Sec pairing. SLTS cannot use it properly in this condition, so I suspect an SLT doesn't function. Also you should not have to use forwarding from the executive phone to the sec phone, it kind of defeats the purpose. If the sec phone is busy and there is no path for a second ring then calls will go to voice mail if the phone is in a forwarded condition.
Posted By: Craig A. Ahrens Re: Executive/Secretary pairing - 03/03/17 02:31 PM
OK so if the executive/secretary won't work because the secretarty extension in an SLT. Is there another way to accomplish the same thing? Or at least something similar?
Posted By: oobie Re: Executive/Secretary pairing - 03/03/17 03:29 PM
Have you tried it with a digital set?
Posted By: Craig A. Ahrens Re: Executive/Secretary pairing - 03/03/17 10:43 PM
I have not. I guess I could try it just to see if the feature is working. But the customer wants that secretary phone to be a cordless phone. They want to be able to answer calls to the executive phone while roaming around the office. They also need to be able to transfer a call. Hence the cordless phone.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Executive/Secretary pairing - 03/03/17 10:49 PM
I've had to resort to using a digital set for the secretary's extension, in conjunction with a good-quality wireless headset and handset lifter. It's a bit clunky, but it works well.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Executive/Secretary pairing - 03/04/17 07:36 PM
Is this actually a two person executive/sec arrangement or are you using that feature to try and accomplish something else?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help