atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TelDog Voice Mail Answers (that ext. does not exist) - 09/19/17 05:13 PM
I picked up a new customer with a Vodavi XTS w/ Digital Voice Mail. I have several other customers with same system, having trouble figuring this one out. When they put system in night mode, calling in you get (ext. does not exist). All (8) Lines in DVM are set to ####. Does anyone have any ideas ? Thanks
Virtual mailbox
I suspect that the phone system trunks are ringing to 440 during the day with a dvm destination defined for day but not for night.

I suggest you set the dvm lines for digital ksu control so it switches to night mode when the phone system does the same. #### is not a legitimate anything. It isn't a menu, it isn't an extension. So you have to tell the ksu clock control where you want it to go, a menu or an extension or directly to a mailbox.
Or... You could set it it up to ring 450 at night. You just need to set up the vm ports in flash 30. Lines should never be preset forwarded to 440 unless you are pointing them to a mailbox. Make sure that you have the voice lines in the DVM set up for a time control if you have multiple menu's or set up for a menu if you only have 1 greeting needed. What Derrick said would work as well, but this is the easiest way in my opinion.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help