atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Keith M Vodavi starplus sts Line 1 dead air - 02/02/18 12:26 PM
Hello

I need some assistance with a vodavi system that has line 1 dead but line 2 rings in fine. I have 2 lines and am trying to help a friend and have never worked with this system before. I get dial tone on line that is connecting to 110 block and even when I flip the working line to line 1 still no luck. Can anybody please give me anything to possibly check I have powered off the unit, re punched down the line but nothing seems to help.

Thanks
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi starplus sts Line 1 dead air - 02/02/18 02:33 PM
If you frog the lines (swap 1 and 2) and the problem doesn't follow the line but stays on the same co port then you most likely have a dead port. This could be caused by a loose cinch connector, a well known problem. Make sure it is nice and tight on the side of the control unit. If is tight then If you have a free port I would simply shift the lines to say ports 2 (1) and 3 (2). The STS has the first 4 co ports are on the mother board so the system would need to be replaced or sent for repair if the port is actually dead.
Posted By: intrajm Re: Vodavi starplus sts Line 1 dead air - 03/16/18 02:13 AM
I had the same issue. I reset the system and it cleared the problem.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi starplus sts Line 1 dead air - 03/16/18 03:40 AM
I agree with the checking of the upper 25 pair cable to make sure it is fully seated. That is the #1 cause for line failures on this system.

I would highly advise AGAINST resetting the system, since the memory batteries in these systems are beyond their life expectancy and you stand to lose the system's programming. I see that you've done it once, but I wouldn't push my luck.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help