atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: intrajm Vodavi XTS - 03/16/18 02:09 AM
I have a customer that wants the lines in group 1 to call out starting from line 1 to line 12. Currently it starts from 12 to 1. I checked the manual and I see no option to select the sequence of out going lines. Also looked for idle line preference, or automatic line selection etc. Any help or no way around it?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi XTS - 03/16/18 03:41 AM
You are correct. There is no way to program the sequence of the lines for outgoing. They always go from highest to lowest. You'll have to move the jumpers for the lines to reverse the order.
Posted By: oobie Re: Vodavi XTS - 03/16/18 12:45 PM
Depending what you are trying to accomplish, meaning if you are trying to get the main number as the Caller ID, some carriers will assign the main BTN to all outgoing calls.

But yes ED is correct.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Vodavi XTS - 03/16/18 03:12 PM
With the advent of loop start lines reverse out-going line selection was the easiest way of avoiding a Glare aka:Call Collision. Ground-start lines didn't have this problem.

Check out the wiki page for a better understanding. Glare
Posted By: intrajm Re: Vodavi XTS - 03/21/18 06:10 PM
The customer told us that it used to be that when they pick up the handset it would go to line 1 then 2 and so on. But when we got there, it was picking up 12 then 11 and so on. I didn't think it started from the top because all lines are in group 1. I'll talk to them about it. Thanks for all your help.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Vodavi XTS - 03/21/18 09:13 PM
I had a customer years ago that stated something like: "Our CALLER ID isn't working anymore. It use to work." I knew for a fact that their system was incapable of CLID and I had to keep reminding her of it.

Trying to remember if this is possible...

Have lines 1 through 12 is separate line groups

Line Group 12 only have one member CO-01
Line Group 11 only have one member CO-02
Line Group 10 only have one member CO-03
Line Group 09 only have one member CO-04

et cetera...et cetera...et cetera

Off hook automatically picks up in Line Group 12
If all CO lines in Line Group 12 are in use (just CO-01) then use LCR to have Line Group 12 automatically select Line Group 11.
If all CO lines in Line Group 11 are in use (just CO-02) then use LCR to have Line Group 11 automatically select Line Group 10.

And of course all the variation of line access, CO Ringing et cetera would have to be set up for each CO Group.

More bother than it's worth

For the life of me I cannot fathom WHY a customer would want that? If it is just because the want the Boss to have a CO-12 as a Private Line, there are much easier ways to accomplish this.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help