atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Telesystems STS toll restriction tables - 05/30/18 06:37 AM
Customer has Vodavi STS system in school with system phones. . Lines 1, 2, and 4
Admin wants to restrict classrooms from making outgoing calls.
But I said you need to keep ability to call 911

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

alwayslearning
Posted By: adteldon Re: STS toll restriction tables - 06/06/18 06:54 PM
It sounds like you are looking for station COS 6 in flash 50. You would have to also have to turn on the 911 feature in flash 6, flash 40, and possibly flash 12. You should definitely test it before leaving.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: STS toll restriction tables - 06/07/18 03:39 AM
I do this in day care centers all the time. Here's what I do instead of dealing with the complexities of the system's canned toll restrictions:

1. Make the classroom stations COS 3.
2. In flash 70, allow table B, allow 911.
3. In deny table B, deny everything else using the 'don't care' entry.

***POOF*** You're done.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: STS toll restriction tables - 06/07/18 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by adteldon
You should definitely test it before leaving.
REMEMBER: When testing calls to 911 make sure they answer and verify the information they are receiving is correct. It would invalidate your testing if emergency services were sent to an incorrect address across town.
Posted By: oobie Re: STS toll restriction tables - 06/07/18 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Originally Posted by adteldon
You should definitely test it before leaving.
REMEMBER: When testing calls to 911 make sure they answer and verify the information they are receiving is correct. It would invalidate your testing if emergency services were sent to an incorrect address across town.

You would not believe how many times on an install I do a test call to 911 and something is wrong, either the name or the address. It is crazy!
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: STS toll restriction tables - 06/07/18 07:40 PM
Of course this also applies to installing Fire Alarm/Security, the monitoring service needs to have the correct information too.
But if you are installing those types of systems you all ready know that!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help