atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: zoomo disconnect signal trouble - 09/12/18 06:45 PM
Working with a STS system with troubles. First it is not disconnecting when far end hangs up. And second, when a call rings in any one on a other line get a loud data rushing noise on the line. Is this a telco problem or a co port problem?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: disconnect signal trouble - 09/12/18 07:07 PM
The loud "data rushing noise" is most likely the Caller ID signal coming in between ring cycles 1 & 2. You can assign a timer in the STS that will delay ringing for a few seconds so this signal is not heard. You could also have the provider remove Caller-ID.

The disconnect problem is almost always a problem with the provider. They need to provision "Cuttoff on Disconnect" on their end.
Posted By: zoomo Re: disconnect signal trouble - 09/13/18 06:59 PM
Thanks, meeting with Telco today.
Posted By: zoomo Re: disconnect signal trouble - 09/14/18 03:42 PM
I met with the telco and they are going to change the equipment out. This is an Adsl circuit on a adtran device. To restate what is happening, is when calling in the auto attendant answers and i can hear the greeting clear. If other people are on an other line they get the loud rushing sound. If I hang up with out dialing an extension the disconnect signal will not release the line from the system.
I tested the disconnect on the system without voice mail and when far end hangs up it goes to dial tone without releasing the line.
Telco did not have a replacement at the time, but set the disconnect to 1000 ms.
Maybe this is truly a case of the blind leading the blind.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: disconnect signal trouble - 09/14/18 03:57 PM
Another thing to try for disconnect is "d" instead of "D".
I ran into that with a DOS based VM and GTE CO lines.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help