atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel sts dropping held calls - 10/12/18 06:00 AM
i ahve a customer with an sts phone system. they told me held calls get dropped after an minute or so. the only thing i could think of was change the held call recall timer to 0. is there anything else that may help. thanks, dave.
Posted By: skip555 Re: sts dropping held calls - 10/12/18 02:42 PM
you need to go on site and troubleshoot . Make some test calls and see what (if anything) is happening . was it one call , one time ? One phone ? most calls .etc ,etc ..

hold recall is how long a call stays on hold before ringing back I set it to 60/90 seconds .
Posted By: Derrick Re: sts dropping held calls - 10/14/18 01:06 PM
This is one of two things, no MOH and callers think they have been dropped so they hang up, or the dialtone provider has low loop current and the phone system thinks the caller has hung up so it does to. Setting the hold recall timer to 0 will not help, just the opposite, set it to between 30 seconds or longer but less than a minute or calls on hold could sit there too long.
Posted By: skip555 Re: sts dropping held calls - 10/15/18 10:13 PM
'30 seconds or longer but less than a minute or calls on hold could sit there too long."

Anything less than 60 seconds on recall and I'm getting a call back " these @$ phones keep ringing back to me after I put them on hold "

Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: sts dropping held calls - 10/16/18 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by skip555
'30 seconds or longer but less than a minute or calls on hold could sit there too long."

Anything less than 60 seconds on recall and I'm getting a call back " these @$ phones keep ringing back to me after I put them on hold "
Yep, me too. Always 120 seconds for us.
Posted By: davetel Re: sts dropping held calls - 10/17/18 03:49 AM
cool planning going back out to go over these things. thanks. dave.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help