atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel cid on sta slt port - 11/03/18 06:09 PM
will the sts ksu pass caller id digits to port 148 and 149- the single line ports, if they are set to ring. also this customer has call waiting from tel co. flash gets second caller. but flash also puts the call on hold on single line ports. if a second call comes in and they are on a single line set will the flash let them get the second call. thanks, dave.
Posted By: Derrick Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/03/18 09:42 PM
Cid passes thru an SLT port. To flash on a single line port, hit the flash key or hookswitch and dial 660 which sends a pbx/centrex flash which is kinda what call waiting needs to work.
Posted By: davetel Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/03/18 09:48 PM
i went and bought a cid slt phone and set up a sts ksu. the caller id works on the digital phone but not on the slt.if i run the co line direct to the slt then caller id works. could i be missing something here. i looked in sta programing for 148 and 149 but didnt see any settings that looked like they would help
Posted By: justbill Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/03/18 09:56 PM
The two fixed ports 148 and 149 don't pass cid. If you buy an SLT card you can get them that pass it, but they cost more.
Posted By: davetel Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/03/18 10:27 PM
got it. i may have one tucked away. i hope. thank for the help.
Posted By: davetel Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/04/18 12:25 AM
i did find a sl card and hooked it up but still no caller id. but i think from you reply some cards do work and some dont. do you know how i can tell the differance. i have two of these cards. thanks. dave
Posted By: justbill Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/04/18 12:51 AM
Been a very long time since I looked into this, but there was a 4 port slib card basic and the slib with caller id. Here's a link that says they have them, look at the price difference between the basic and the slib with CID. Might be with a bit of searching you can find a better deal.
Posted By: Derrick Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/04/18 02:16 AM
I stand corrected about the two onboard slt ports. The slibC single line cards have the caller id capability.
Posted By: davetel Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/04/18 06:36 AM
i dont have call id on those two ports. i do have caller id on the digital set. would that rule out a bad cid card. could it be the single line card has a problem.
Posted By: Derrick Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/04/18 01:38 PM
Is is a SLIBC? The C has Cid capability. I don't know the part numbers but the SLT CID card has a reset button and a large chip in the upper right hand corner (edge connector on the bottom), the standard SLT does not.
Posted By: Milton Freewater Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/04/18 04:29 PM
I believe the part number is 3533-03 for a SLIBC 4-Port Analog Station Card.
Posted By: davetel Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/05/18 07:18 AM
no neither the 2 port that came with it or the 4 port exp card have a c after slib.
Posted By: davetel Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/05/18 05:41 PM
no neither my 2 port slt card that came with it or my 4 line exp slt card have the c after slib. those cards are rather costly for a customer who is getting this older system to save some bucks. actually i did try an sbx but it sends the number only and she wants to see the name. im about ready to tell them to get a 4 line base with some remotes to slove the problem.
Posted By: justbill Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/05/18 07:31 PM
I found them cheaper than the link I gave you, which also gave you the part number. I also told you they were pricey. The two on board ports have never had CID which was also stated. I don't remember what the cheapest price I found was, but seems like about 130 bucks. Personally I don't think they're worth the cost unless you have several lines, if only two or 3 put a CID box by the phones, a lot cheaper, unless it's going to cause you to run more cable that is. I never did understand why CID was optional.
Posted By: Derrick Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/05/18 09:18 PM
FYI, SBX cid name is enabled in pgm 147 flex button 2 plus keypad 1
Posted By: davetel Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/06/18 06:52 AM
i checked and the two port slt card that came with it doesnt have a c and the exp slt card doesnt have one either. those slibc cards are rather expensive. customer is going with used older system to save money. i think i will have to go with a 4 line phone with a couple matched cordless handsets.
Posted By: skip555 Re: cid on sta slt port - 11/06/18 12:16 PM
I had a customer with a bunch of locations that needed CID . they only needed it at the front counter so I gave them two CID boxes for their two lines wired direct to the CO lines . Would something like that help you ?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help