atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: WayneP Configure Time Controls on Vodavi XTX - 02/26/19 08:27 PM
In the last year or so I've stepped into the role of Telephony admin when lost our former admin sudenly. I've been trying to learn as I go.

We have multiple different systems at various locations, I'm mostly familiar with our Avaya and ESI systems.

We have a Vodavi XTS phone switch with a Talkpath vm. Recently we had to do a reload after losing the configs. The system was stuck in night mode and played the afterhours message, until we set up a DND button on the attendant extension. Now it plays the correct day message, but it never plays the afterhours message, even after confirming the time was correct on the switch and the VM.

I’m using the Talkpath revised technical manual and Admin 3.20 software, and after reading up on the Time Controls, realized the Time Controls are currently set to default.
I want to set up the time controls, but I have no internal documentation for the settings, nothing to compare to, and the technical manual doesn't give any examples besides the defaults. Note, we are not setting the Start/End Date on any of them.

OPTION ONE:

Time Control 1
Action: Menu 100
Start Time: 08:00 End Time: 17:00
Days: MTWThF

Time Control 2
Action: Menu 120
Start Time: 00:01 End Time: 23:59

Time Control 3
Days: Sat. Sun.

OPTION TWO:

Time Control 1
Start Time: 00:01 End Time: 07:59

Time Control 2
Action: Menu 100
Start Time: 08:00 End Time: 17:00

Time Control 3
Start Time: 17:01 End Time: 23:59

Time Control 4
Days: Sat. Sun.

Based on my experiences with other types of phone switches, I’m leaning towards Option two, but as I have no configs documentation, nothing to stare and compare to, and couldn’t find anything in the manual or the forums, thought I would run it by the guys with experience.

Also, if there are any quirks you know of when configuring the Time Controls, would appreciate a heads up.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Configure Time Controls on Vodavi XTX - 02/27/19 09:38 AM
IF the DND button ( which is actually a night button, op phones cannot have a true dnd button) on the operator phone changed the message, then the talkpath is in KSU clock control and the Talkpath time controls are turned off. If set up properly the op night key will select a day, night, and special mode each with its own greeting. The button changes based on the XTS night service programming instead of what is in the talkpath. I found that to be more effective, because the op could override the times, go into night mode early for example, if needed. Check the line programming in the Talkpath and see what is assigned to each line, which could be a menu, extension, vm box, TC, or KSU clock control. There is a separate option for the action of the three modes for the KSU clock control which can also be a menu etc. Menu is the desired choice, the menu determines which message that is played and what keys do what of course. Since you are using two TCs, that means two menus so the KSU clock control can handle that with no problem.
Posted By: WayneP Re: Configure Time Controls on Vodavi XTX - 03/07/19 01:25 PM
Derrick,

Thanks for the input.

Just to see if I understand, even though currently the Time Control items say "Menu" for the action, the voice lines action also need to be set to "Menu"?

Thanks again.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help