atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SamK Vodavi STS Set Outbound CallerID - 03/19/19 07:38 PM
Hello, we have a Vodavi Starplus STS system at one of our locations. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as I'm trying to figure out the following:

We have a subdivision in our company that needs to make outbound calls with a different CallerID. Several extensions are current set up with way, we are looking to add another one to whatever is making that feature work on the first few lines. I'm not sure what am I overlooking but I cannot seem to find a method for doing this in the programming and ops manual. If you can point me to the right terminology to find the info myself, or directly to some documentation, or even if someone is able to write out the procedure anything at this point would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Could be any of the following:

• CO Line Class of Service
  • Station Class of Service
  • CO Line Groups
  • And various system timers

The best you can do is record the system database on programming tables found in the manual Section D. Such as found here.

What you are attempting to do is something telephone technicians pay good money for training.
Posted By: SamK Re: Vodavi STS Set Outbound CallerID - 03/20/19 01:19 PM
Thanks! Looks like it was the value stored in Station Day/Night Class of Service that is what was setting the outbound DID in this case. It took me far longer to figure out that the actual phone I was using couldn't do admin programming even though the station had been authorized!

I've only had so much experience tinkering with various PBX systems over the years, my real experience is in VoIP systems, so I do appreciate you sharing a bit of your knowledge with me! Lead me right where I needed to be smile
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help