atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: barster Voicemail to screen telemarketers - 5000 ksu - 08/31/19 07:44 PM
Hey gang,

I'm guessing answer is NO...being older system......but is there a Vodavi voicemail that can be added to the 5000 / Triad KSU that can be setup to "see" one particular phone number via CID in auto-attendant (or vm box) and route that one way....and then ALL other calls routed another route - vm box etc.....?

Also ideally but not critical...to have a ring group as well for that 'one' phone number.....ring 3 extensions simultaneously......
You need CID on the 5000 itself, that requires the CID 9 (pn 7480-00) unit attached to the serial port of the 5000. With that installed you can route a number to a particular voice mail box or ring group, using the call routing tables of the 5000. Any voice mail system does not have its own internal caller id, it uses integration from the phone system. I did this quite often with the 5000 also known as a Triad-s.
Yes I have CID on the 5000......I have a couple old Dolphins kicking around ....I'll give one of those a whirl now....
"Any voice mail system does not have its own internal caller id" - Yes...I'm aware of that....

Thanks Derrick!
Just a note: this is easier to do with a digital voice mail as opposed to an analog.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help