atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary S. STS e - 12/16/19 08:49 PM
Customer called before day light, phone system down but screen says ok sync but not operating functions.
On site battery tested 3.6v, Cabinet kept clicking but not coming back up. Defaulted and reprogram, now okay.
A 3rd party ez hold was also down and needed reset. I suspect a power surge or who knows what else.
Any other thoughts or something i missed ??
Thanks Gary S.
Posted By: oobie Re: STS e - 12/19/19 12:57 PM
Probably a failing power supply in that cabinet and the next time the power blips it will do the same thing.
Posted By: MnDave Re: STS e - 12/20/19 04:43 PM
Could also be a pesky capacitor beginning to fail also.
Posted By: Gary S. Re: STS e - 12/20/19 11:06 PM
Boohoo.
Posted By: Derrick Re: STS e - 12/21/19 04:45 AM
The cap is likely the cause. If it is, it won't be long until you find that out for sure.
Posted By: Gary S. Re: STS e - 12/23/19 08:36 PM
How can i test the power supply or the cap ?
Posted By: Derrick Re: STS e - 12/24/19 12:55 AM
All you can do is test the voltage. When the cap goes out, you lose the -5volts, so you might check that and the +5 volts either to ground. If you have less than say 4.9 you might be having a problem. Let see what some of the other guys here say first.

5V DC -5V DC +30V DC
2.5A 0.5A max 2.5A max
Posted By: STS E Re: STS e - 12/24/19 02:55 AM
sad, but sometimes you may physically see a cap bad as it pushes out the top, or makes a marking at the cap base. Whats funny i could never detect one in this manner.

The company doing the rebuilds on the KSU, knew but their lips were sealed.
Every one has to make a living, had i pin pointed it i could of repaired it back at the shop.

Good system but all systems have their weakness.

Merry Christmas to all.

TJ
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help