atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DnRComm Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/21/01 09:42 AM
Does anyone sell any of the Atlas Telephone Systems??? I am thinking of reselling them, and would like to know if they are a quality System?

Thank You
Posted By: openwire Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/21/01 09:52 AM
I haven't heard anything about them,negative or positive.I requested info once,but never received it.
Bruce
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/21/01 10:07 AM
Dont know a thing about them either. They have a very small market. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
No help here!
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/21/01 07:03 PM
I did the same and did not receive any info either. Sounds like I better keep looking.
Posted By: guru Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/21/01 07:25 PM
I have worked on a few of them one was an older 6/16 and it was a lot like the Anaconda's. The bigger one was a lot newer and had voice mail with it and seemed to be a nice system but other than that I haven't
run into any more. I was glad to see that they had a manual for it. I agree that they are not to big but they have been around for a while. Well that was a big help huh! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by guru (edited November 21, 2001).]
Posted By: openwire Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/21/01 11:48 PM
Well,now I have to ask....what is an Anaconda?
Posted By: guru Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/22/01 12:47 AM
I'm sorry I meant Kanda, An Anaconda is a snake. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/24/01 01:32 PM
I am trying to find out if it is a good system, how reliable it is, is it cost effective for both me to resale and for my customers to purchase.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/26/01 04:35 PM
DnRcomm
If you need to know somthing just ask the big guy. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Try this link,they make a few systems, they are on the expensive side.

[URL=https://www.bayamerican.com/products/list.nhtml]
Hope this helps
dtmf
PS. just kidden you guys [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited November 26, 2001).]
Posted By: openwire Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 02:47 PM
Did you ever find any pertinent info?
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 05:09 PM
>>If you need to know somthing just ask the big guy.

Who's that? You dtmf
You wouldn't be such a big guy if you didn't eat so much. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: dtmf Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 05:20 PM
you better watch it I'll get guru after ya!
By the way " FOOD IS GOOD" [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Im not really the big guy, Bruce is.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited November 29, 2001).]
Posted By: openwire Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 05:25 PM
Blame Miller Lite.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 06:45 PM
I've met Bud but not Miller.
Hum!! I wonder if Bud's brother is Miller, he never told me he had one [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: bullcube Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 07:35 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by test-ok:
I've met Bud but not Miller.
Hum!! I wonder if Bud's brother is Miller, he never told me he had one [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
</font>

I believe Miller is Beck's nephew... I could be wrong.

These guys had some interesting things to say about Atlas https://www.pelicom.com/atlas.htm. i found them through a Dogpile.com search.

Do we have a flaming folder for this topic yet?
Posted By: openwire Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 08:01 PM
we have fire.
Posted By: openwire Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 11/29/01 08:02 PM
well,now we do.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 12/03/01 09:11 PM
Thanks Everyone. I found out a lot of Info. Most of it sales related. What I really wanted was some Installers or resalers to tell me if equipment is reliable and if it has a good profit margin.
Again, Thanks for your help.
Posted By: DrG Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 09/16/05 04:00 PM
Going to a cert class for Atlas on 9/21.
I'll be back.
Posted By: KLD Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 09/16/05 06:50 PM
Let's see, Atlas, big green box, KeysystemUSA out of Florida, then ITT took them as a system, what did they call them? Not Millinium but something like that, then they dropped off the screen. But that was 10-15 years ago.

Good luck and if they are anygood, post back as some of us may want to look.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 09/16/05 06:56 PM
WOW, even after 4 years it will still notify me of replies.
This is a great forum.

I wonder what post number that was origanally?

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Posted By: Winetech Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 10/20/05 05:30 PM
we sold atlas back in '95-'98 the tech support is the worst i have ever had. the product is cheap to buy and looks cheaper! will never touch it again!
Posted By: ATLASMAN Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 12/26/05 08:17 AM
I am confused by this customers comments. Our records show that they purchased one of our new 2 wire digital systems 2/03/2005. This system shipped with 12 display speakerphones and in skin voice mail. Our records show no replacement or systems failures. No repairs or unusal tech support issues. Again on 4/01/2005 this customer purchased one of our PC based large 8 port 1000 mailbox WAV voice mail systems. Again, our records show that the installation and tech support was normal with no replacements or repairs to date. Maybe there is some confusion, especially with dates. Just some info here. We have been in business almost 20 years, have shipped over two hundred thousand systems and millions of keyphones. we have aout lasted many, many competetors and our very first customer still buys from us today. Just north of this customer in Redding is a dealer who have sold over 400 hunderd of these systems. We will give you lots of bang for the buck, we are commetted to supporting our dealers who support us. We protect our base, that is why it is hard to find us on the secondary market. We want our base to actually make money after the sell that is why we do not actively push our products to secondary markets and one-off trunkers. We truly appreciate everyones business and support for our products and programs.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 12/26/05 12:15 PM
Records for what customer, I don't recall seeing any personal info on a customer.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 01/03/06 06:03 AM
I cannot speak for them that much....all I know is that we replaced a system for a new customer - they only had it for one year and said it was riddled with problems from the start....now they have a Vodavi and have not had a problem in months.
Posted By: Winetech Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 01/03/06 09:40 AM
I think they are talking of me. We did buy a small system to see if we wanted to pick up the product again and the hotel pack looked great. What I found was that it was the same old monkey around system it always was. Maybe it is just me but I think if you are going to sell a to of the line product you can not be using old technology, I could not sell the phones with the cheap plastic they are made of. As for the voicemail tell me, if you records show no tech support needed, why then, when we added a voicemail box a voicemail box despaired and not in any order. Tech support had no answers but to reload software and had sold it in the past with the crappy hard drives I have reloaded enough software for you. After having the thing in and out for a week we pulled it (we put a Centigram in works great) and put in a back room with the other stuff we bought from you and only one of the phones made it. I know of a couple of dealers and most sell it to the cheapest of the cheap customers, not my style. We also bought a sprint k3 to look at selling it too, it lasted about 2 weeks that looks like a good system. I do not want to be mean, harsh or too blunt and I can see you work for ‘ the man’ but look around you in the telecom world and tell me atlas is on the cutting edge and is on the same playing field as Nortel, Avaya, Vodavi, ESI, or even Comdial not even close! I could go on and on but I have real systems to sell.
Winetech out…
Posted By: brokeda Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 01/10/06 02:05 PM
I used it for rentals and low end starting in 94.
It was cheap back then, 4x8 w/8 display for $xxxxx.
Programmed weird but held up good. Needed a good ground. Had a LOUD speaker phone and a great Busy Buster redial, would redial as fast as every 3 seconds up to 100 times. Insurance guys loved it, (calling busy Gov offices). It was bang for the buck then. Now thier new stuff w/ vm costs more than Vodavi and NEC low end systems. The phones did look somewhat low end, but they were put together with screws and you could dump coke or coffee in them, take them apart and wash they were good to go. I Was just getting out of CrummyDial at the time. :toast:
Posted By: ATLASMAN Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 01/30/06 12:45 PM
Brokeda, Thanks for you good comments and Please check out our one pair 100% digital systems. KSU 40 ports configured (4x8x8), 8- 24 button LCD speakerphones, inskin Voice mail. only $xxxxxx!I am sure that beats the other competetors you mentioned.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 01/30/06 01:04 PM
Atlsasman:

Please refrain from quoting wholesale trade pricing in a public forum!
Posted By: confuzed Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/08/06 03:39 PM
I have an atlas 56 phone system.added an expansion
card; now the voice mail answers,gives options, and the second you enter the extention it drops the call. troubleshooting is worthless, the manual says "to be completed" and where do i find this info once it is completed. tech support has been very unsupportive. A simple flow chart would be an extreamly useful tool, none exists. $2500 on a card and 3 phone sets no instructions, no support...very bad
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/08/06 06:14 PM
You might want to just PM AtlasMan in one of the above posts. I would think that he will be able to help.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/08/06 10:21 PM
Dear Confuzed. Are you a dealer? Do you have a dealer or any competent phone person?
$XXXXX for an expansion and 3 phones sXXXKs!!!
Almost all manuals are somewhat useless you know your way around systems and phones first. I found thier TS pretty good in most respects. They would not back then TEACH you the Programming nor would I want any TS to do that. The last thing I want is to be on hold with a legitiment question from a Dealer
and wait 45 min while they instruct someone who bought on the internet or will not develop a relationship with a qualified Tech.
I would like to know what kind of card you bought
for that much dough?
Posted By: confuzed Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/09/06 06:30 AM
The card itself is an atlas expansion card 8x16. we purchased it thru an authorized atlas dealer. the same company we bought the phone system thru.
the card was $1500 and each phone was about $239 (40 key digital) so alittle less than $2500. the company is located in texas.we relocated from there so onsite service has one hell of a trip charge! There final answer was to reload the vm or in other words relode default.my vm works, my opening greating works,i just cant get the mail boxes to connect to the opening greating..."if you know your partys ext please enter now", klick gone.I'm just not sure which mode(1,2 or 3) the the problem resides in.
Posted By: Winetech Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/10/06 09:09 AM
wow, they told you to reload the software what a surprise.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/10/06 01:39 PM
Ok, you got the fancyphones. Now get a good tech
and get with TS, they will work with you if no dealer around. Do you have a UPS on the system?
Is it properly grounded? Is the new card installed properley? Do phones work on the new extensions? Was the voicemail card disturbed during the installation of the 8x16 card?\

Also, you moved from Texas to Wisconsin. Who deinstalled and moved system? Who installed system.
Who installed the new equip?
Posted By: bobpour Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 08/22/06 01:49 PM
i need a manual for atlas 56, anybody knows where can i find it.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 08/22/06 02:07 PM
I just checked and from what I can tell, if you click on the "Manuals" button at the top of this page, there are links there that can provide you with what you need. You will have to pay the site owner a fee for the manual.
Posted By: iforce Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 10/16/06 06:12 AM
Check this out bobpour

https://www.wedophones.com/AtlasManualsLead.htm
Posted By: TBMtech Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 04/14/09 11:17 AM
I realize the messages in here are 2-1/2 years old, but I figured I'd give it a try.
Does anyone know where I can get the Voicemail Utility Program for the Atlas System 56 voice mail? I know it's a 10 year old phone system, but my boss is cheap! So many employees gone now, that no one remembers how this system works or even which phone is the console. I'd rather just use software to redo everything if I can find it.
Anyone?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 04/14/09 12:18 PM
TBM Start by posting a new topic. Look at the bottom left of the page for the "Post A New Topic" Icon. Once you get the new topic posted I'll delete the one you have in here.

Welcome to the board - please don't hi-jack threads, it messes up the search engines.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 04/17/09 09:35 PM
https://www.goatlastelecom.com/index2.htm
Posted By: STS19464 Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/24/11 02:00 PM
Question - With an ATLAS 56
What is needed to install a Polycomm conference room phone?

Is there special configuration within the system?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 02/24/11 04:08 PM
STS, you'll have better results if you start a new thread, rather than tack your question onto a year-old dead-end thread.
Posted By: digerati-inc Re: Atlas Telephone Systems - 06/30/11 02:31 AM
A VoIP phone system functions by connecting the regular phone lines online through a modem or jack. So it’s not different from a VoIP PBX phone because the customer is making a phone call online using the Internet.

The fastest growing innovations in transmission technology like VoIP or Voice Internet protocol took communication to a totally different level. For global communications, Global VoIP Services have become common and popular :db:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help