atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen 3COM? - 08/27/04 09:28 AM
Curious about the capabilities and pricing for a 3COM PBX compared to a Tadiran coral 3?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 3COM? - 09/25/04 10:32 AM
No camparison. The Coral 3 is far and away a better system and can go IP.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: 3COM? - 09/26/04 05:12 PM
I was just curious,
We lost a customer that had a PRI networked Tadiran. They went to a 3COM and was wondering if anybody new any true differences.
The crappy part was that they were running old software and EKT phones. they wouldn't upgrade (too much $) now they have a new system from someone else [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. I think the 3COm they have is almost entirely running across the LAN so their IT guy probally made the descision. Sure hope they don't like it.

I love the Tadiran! Hope to see some more postings about it. The price is dropping and more shops are being alowed to be dealers. vbad for us but great for the customers.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 3COM? - 09/26/04 05:32 PM
Yes, you can't bea tthe upgrade path for the system. The new flexsets are one of the best looking if not THE best looking and quality phone on the market IMHO. I am surprised they didn't just get rid of the EKT's and retire them for flexsets. Oh well, hope they are happy losing all the features on their new system [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. You have to see the new ipx500 flippin. It has 72 dsp processors built in for future use...this system is totally going to domininate inthe near future. These dsps are going to be able to be programmed for DTR ports conf bridge ports ect. Imagine a 72 port conf bridge built in..out of the box!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 3COM? - 09/26/04 05:32 PM
Yes, you can't bea tthe upgrade path for the system. The new flexsets are one of the best looking if not THE best looking and quality phone on the market IMHO. I am surprised they didn't just get rid of the EKT's and retire them for flexsets. Oh well, hope they are happy losing all the features on their new system [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. You have to see the new ipx500 flippin. It has 72 dsp processors built in for future use...this system is totally going to domininate inthe near future. These dsps are going to be able to be programmed for DTR ports conf bridge ports ect. Imagine a 72 port conf bridge built in..out of the box!
Posted By: brokeda Re: 3COM? - 09/27/04 11:40 PM
The NBX, if set up properly is a nice unit.
It is IP. The new phones fix the ugly and stupid set problem. I belive that many systems were installed by data people who could not set up phones properly, therefore lots of unhappy customers.
Posted By: brokeda Re: 3COM? - 09/27/04 11:43 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brokeda:
The NBX, if set up properly is a nice unit.
It is IP. The new phones fix the ugly and stupid set problem. I belive that many systems were installed by data people who could not set up phones properly, therefore lots of unhappy customers.
</font>

When they came out as NBX Corp, (before 3Com got them) they went after data shop mostly,
bad JU Ju!!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 3COM? - 09/28/04 06:01 AM
We were apraoched by 3COM to be an NBX dealer. I am actually impressed because it's far and away better than Cisco. Someone did some homework before designing a phone system. But, looking at the pricing/performance reliabity we just stayed with Sprint/Tadiran because in all honesty the Tadiran IP phones are better and if we were going to sell IP what would be the point of picking up another product?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 3COM? - 09/28/04 06:01 AM
We were apraoched by 3COM to be an NBX dealer. I am actually impressed because it's far and away better than Cisco. Someone did some homework before designing a phone system. But, looking at the pricing/performance reliabity we just stayed with Sprint/Tadiran because in all honesty the Tadiran IP phones are better and if we were going to sell IP what would be the point of picking up another product?
Posted By: TelephonyGuru Re: 3COM? - 12/02/04 10:54 PM
3Com is an excellent product. It is fundamentally a revolutionary product on how the future of business communications will shape up....so far everybody is trying to convert to IP either partially or fully.
and 3Com has been all IP since 1998.

On all of opportunities of 30+ phones we beat Nortel, Mitel, Avaya, Toshiba on average of 25% to sometimes 50% depends on the size of course.

While providing a more superior features that don't come standard with typical legacy/key systems. Like CDR, CTI, UM, Web Based User and Administration Interface.
Another major difference is that 3Com can operate on Layer 2 and Layer 3. Eliminating the need for network setups on installation of 150 phones or less.

Another big thing, is that we can fully integrate with Norstar or Meridian phones, while allowing Nortel customer a smooth transition to an IP system for either multi-site or telecommuter needs without dropping a fortune on the invested phones.

By the way, I'm sure you heard of SS7 guess who designed it?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 3COM? - 12/03/04 01:50 PM
We have been doing IP networking with systems since 1996 and can go full IP with systems put in in 1986. Where do you think Cisco got the Qsig standard from?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help