atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jdfinch2 Iwatsu EX-616 Omega IV - 12/13/04 09:20 PM
i'm having trouble with a 616s on a system the phone checks out ok but when pluged in to it normal extention it doesn't work properly, i've changed the extention wire and the patch cable i have a feeling it's in the system programming but do not have a manual. can any one help me out. i can't see paying for a manual for a system that is 20 years old. i tend to think the system is set for a diffrent style phone on that extention.

any help is appreciated
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Iwatsu EX-616 Omega IV - 12/16/04 04:17 PM
You have to tell the extention in programming what type of set it is or it won't work. The choices I believe are s,m,dab,dao. (If memory serves me correctly...it has been a while)
Posted By: jdfinch2 Re: Iwatsu EX-616 Omega IV - 12/17/04 10:53 PM
ya on the main phone once you get into the programming you go through the list of phone types say like the s syle phone the led on the extentions light for s and the extentions not programmed for s don't light up but i can't get ext to in to the system program mode thats the part i forget
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Iwatsu EX-616 Omega IV - 12/20/04 07:26 PM
If I understand you correctly you are having troulble getting to the area of programming to change the set type. Once you get to the set type programming(I don't have my Omega manuals with me) It's either fwd or flash to toggle the choices. If this still doesn't fix your issue reply back and I'll dig the books up at the shop and see what I can find...
Posted By: breeze Re: Iwatsu EX-616 Omega IV - 12/27/04 10:19 AM
To get to the programming, you must enter the passcode from extension 20. Normally, there is a DAB type phone at x20, which is what you need so you can press the extension number you are trying to change. Once you have the proper extension number, you can FWD through the programable options until you see "type". If you flash, you are exiting the particular program for that extension. It has been awhile since I have worked on one of these!!! I can help with the password if you need.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help