atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wspfan Sprint K3 - 01/14/05 09:01 AM
What have you heard about the new Sprint K3 product? I am familiar with the Protege, but have not heard much on the K3.
Posted By: byhsc Re: Sprint K3 - 01/14/05 09:10 AM
the system was suggested to us by "coral tech" who posts on this site a lot. it's made by taderan, and we are considering it as well. maybe we can both get some info.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 01/14/05 01:33 PM
It's a low end system with a decent amount of features. Has real decent growth and the price is incredible. Does it have limitations, you bet just like all key systems. Just heard they are coming out with a t1/pri for it and a voip card that only supports sip phones and networking. You would be hard pressed to beat this baby in a price war/capability. The package prices are damn nice.
Posted By: aweaver Re: Sprint K3 - 01/17/05 07:32 PM
The system is made by Tecom just like the Comdial DX-80. Rich feature set for the price. I'm installing these units & have been satisfied so far. The phones seems to be a little better quality than the DX-80 phone. Weak spots are corrupted databases and the fact that the system can crash if environmental temperature of the cpu falls below about 60 degrees F. Wiring connection is done with RJ21x as compared to the RJ11 connections on the DX-80.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 01/18/05 04:41 AM
I thought it was my imagination about the CPU/temp thing. I have had that happen twice now. Thanks for re-affirming what I was beginning to think. They are coming out with a circuit card to be able to run those phones on the bigger Coral systems.
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 01/18/05 04:52 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Coral Tech:
I thought it was my imagination about the CPU/temp thing. I have had that happen twice now. Thanks for re-affirming what I was beginning to think. They are coming out with a circuit card to be able to run those phones on the bigger Coral systems.</font>

Nope not your imagination it is true.... They already have the board to work on the IPx ... it is in beta... Saw it in Port Washington

The Flash voice mail is not too good... the hard drive is great
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 01/18/05 05:00 PM
Coral Tech.... would you be available for support next week? We are putting in our first IPX...

All other with K3 questions... I have installed about 30 of them... fire away....

The K3 is the Protege .... same manufactor (tcom) same programming.... same problems... less features........different looking phones...
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 01/18/05 06:17 PM
LOL..damn. I am going to be in Florida next week kicking back. Hopefully you have a tadiran certified tech otherwise you are going to hate life. The Coral is a beast, the MOST flexible and capable system you'll ever program but, for the untrained a bit daunting and a HUGE difference from a K3. The most important thing...make sure you size the system correctly. Everything else can be fixed...just make sure to use the SIZ command before you program anything because this sets the maximun devices that can be in the database after that it's an ascii baby. Good luck I will be checking the board every now and then.

Good Luck!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 01/18/05 06:19 PM
Ya, the flash voicemail is NOT GOOD. I let our sales rep know this. The hard drive is simply a simplicity they have had for quite a while. The real vm for the IPX is the icmcsl or the wicmc. Good luck man.
Posted By: carnes Re: Sprint K3 - 01/19/05 05:08 AM
I have installed about 10 coral systems. I maybe of some help. Coral Tech I need to ask you a few questions can I get your email address? My email is [email protected]
Posted By: wspfan Re: Sprint K3 - 01/19/05 07:24 AM
What type of problems are you having with the flash voicemail?
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 01/19/05 07:37 AM
Wspan

Not any problems but it is a cheesy voice mail... example : dial by name uses only one letter... I did a company that had 8 people out of 27 that the forst letter was either P R S
Cutomer freeked that the caller would have to have 8 choice before they could get the part they wanted...

Walter
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 01/19/05 07:40 AM
I will need help.... nop guys are not certified yet... they bumped my techs from 2 classes...

Question: The simplicity voice mail... is it true that when you do a broadcast it will not notify your cell phone or turn on a message light?

Does anyone want to fly in to help with this install.... or can someone get in remotely ..

Walter

Walter
Posted By: carnes Re: Sprint K3 - 01/19/05 11:33 PM
I have worked on many simplicity voice mails. Is this the one for the ipx or k3 or the one that goes on a protege. Abs talkx makes them. Easy programming. don't know about the broadcast message if it will outdail as a regular message would. You can set us some groups if the system is that big.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 01/20/05 04:25 AM
wspfan, It's just weak. Compared to our Aspire S class and the ESI...it's just weak. You cannot tell me they couldn't have put a simplicity on a flash based system..OR an ICMC os2 version. I told our rep that I thought it was too weak when bidding against other vmail system...even as one as cheap as it is.
Posted By: wspfan Re: Sprint K3 - 01/24/05 02:16 PM
Do you know if you can have call forwarding off net on the K3?
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 01/24/05 03:44 PM
Wspan...our you talking about eternal call forward... if so yes
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Sprint K3 - 02/01/05 03:47 PM
I had a customer that wanted External Off Net Forwarding on his K3. He had 3 lines. He about blew a gasket when the transfer process used up 2 of the lines at the same time. Also keep in mind that the call needs to be transferred in order to work and make sure the operator is not the phone you forward
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 02/01/05 05:17 PM
What did he expect?
Posted By: carnes Re: Sprint K3 - 02/01/05 08:44 PM
A hummer but got he bought the yugo.

[This message has been edited by carnes (edited February 02, 2005).]
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 02/08/05 03:52 PM
The Hummer yugo comment is so far off base I will not respond to it...

If you have the hardrive voice mail you can do a centrex transfer... perfect and super... Post the excat application and I will tell you how to proceed...
If the customer does not have centrex then let them get it through you...

Walter
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 02/08/05 04:01 PM
Back to the hummer yugo comment.....

You show your lack of experience in the industry , your type of post does not help the person who has a problem... Do you get your jollys saying stuff like this?

I know, I said I would not comment... but it just pisses me off when someone talks from there ass....
Posted By: carnes Re: Sprint K3 - 02/09/05 08:42 PM
You are right about the comment. Can I get an answer to this?

If an incoming call is ringing(not at your phone) and somebody internal calls a phone to your neighbor in the next cube and you want to pick up his(neighbor) call. What do you do walk to his phone? What is the pickup code for that and does that pickup code decide on only on which call has been ringing the longest? Or are you just taking a chance that you get the call you wanted?

[This message has been edited by carnes (edited February 09, 2005).]
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 02/10/05 05:41 AM
Interesting, I see no reference to a "Direct Call Pickup" only a "Group Call Pickup." Could this be another faux pas like the call park feature?
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 02/10/05 10:23 AM
PGM , 73, and the extension number

Walter
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 02/10/05 02:11 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Coral Tech:
LOL..damn. I am going to be in Florida next week kicking back. Hopefully you have a tadiran certified tech otherwise you are going to hate life. The Coral is a beast, the MOST flexible and capable system you'll ever program but, for the untrained a bit daunting and a HUGE difference from a K3. The most important thing...make sure you size the system correctly. Everything else can be fixed...just make sure to use the SIZ command before you program anything because this sets the maximun devices that can be in the database after that it's an ascii baby. Good luck I will be checking the board every now and then.

Good Luck!
</font>

All went well with are install.... Yes not like the K3... nor did I expect it to be...
This is a big boy system... you really need to be a telephone tech to handle this one... my guys were lost.... so I had to jump in ...

One of my techs is in class now ... Tadiran came through for us and supported us on the install... Jon Adams is one nice, caring guy...
Coral View Designer helped alot...

Walter
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 02/10/05 02:35 PM
That's great. Yeah, you really need to goto school and keep going. I have taken all the advanced classes bt that's over a span of 10+ years. Unlike other systems you have to program EVERYTHING. Welcome to the majors now BTW. You are going to be impressed on all th ecrap you can do. The initial I&M is pretty brutal (and long)..I have seen techs fail this. Once you come out you have a good grasp and understanding though. Good to hear ya made it through!

Coral Tech
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sprint K3 - 02/10/05 02:38 PM
Walter, what I was meaning by this is that you do not get a lit indication of the parked call. That sucks BTW unless I am missing something, especially when you start getting into 10+ lines and you need to get away from line appearances.
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint K3 - 02/11/05 07:42 AM
Coral,

Yup that does suck...

Walter
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help