atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dmcdlrn MT-16H single line - 03/14/05 07:21 AM
I have an MT-16H KSU. I am using the MT-16T's for keysets. I have one single line cordless phone/answering machine hooked up to station 15. I can answer calls, call the operator station, put calls on hold, answer calls on hold, but I cannot for the life of me get the single line to transfer to any of the stations, or to do a station to station page. I have a write up from macrotel on how to use the single line... it just says to lift the handset and dial the extension. But when I do that it just beeps at me. It sounds almost as if its a setting in the KSU that doesn't allow it or something. If anybody knows anything about this please help me. I have spent weeks fighting with this! Macrotel won't answer the phone or email!! Thanks so much!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: MT-16H single line - 03/14/05 09:28 AM
Make sure you don't have the IST port programmed for prime line or line group.
Posted By: dmcdlrn Re: MT-16H single line - 03/14/05 11:41 AM
Hello, how would I determine if I have that. I recently re-initialized the system because I couldn't figure it out, so I know I didn't specifically program that since then. thanks
Posted By: paul144 Re: MT-16H single line - 03/14/05 12:40 PM
The reason you are getting no answers from Macrotel is that they are no longer in business.

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
Posted By: dmcdlrn Re: MT-16H single line - 03/14/05 12:42 PM
Ahhh, that explains it, thanks! Is there anybody I can go to now to ask questions. I just have a couple simple questions, but I cannot find anybody to answer them.
Posted By: dmcdlrn Re: MT-16H single line - 03/14/05 03:04 PM
I just wanted to let you know I finally figured it out. You have to push 21 for station 1 22 for station 2... 29 for station 9, 30 for 10, 31 for 11... 36 for 16. Took forever to figure that out... seems like macrotel should have put that into the installation manual, or at least the manual on how to use a single line phone. Perhaps this is why they went out of business. Thanks guys!
Posted By: lundah Re: MT-16H single line - 03/22/05 06:15 AM
Isn't the 16-H the same switch as the Samsung ProStar? First time I saw the Samsung I did a double-take (granted, this was about 10 years ago now), the KSU and phones were identical other than the name on them.
Posted By: paul144 Re: MT-16H single line - 03/22/05 06:17 AM
That is actually another Macrotel, the Excell 816, and yes, it is the same as the Prostar. The phones are completely interchangeable.

------------------
Macrotel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited March 22, 2005).]
Posted By: paul144 Re: MT-16H single line - 03/23/05 01:11 PM
I had to post a correction. I just found out that Macrotel is, in fact, still around.
Does anyone actually sell any of their new products?

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help