atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: metelcom TransTel Telephones - 12/01/05 07:03 AM
I never see anything about the TransTel systems on this forum and was wondering if anyone else works with them. I've sold it for about 10 years switched from Panasonic and been real happy with their products. The features and user friendlyness are great. I'd like to hear from others if you know/use TransTel products.
https://transtelcommunications.com/
Posted By: Test-ok Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/01/05 09:25 AM
To tell you the truth...this is the first I've ever heard about them, they should do some advertising...get the word out. :shrug:
Posted By: dtmf Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/01/05 09:29 AM
I'll have to say that I to have never heard or seen any of them.
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/01/05 01:44 PM
For those of you that haven't heard of TransTel heres a pdf file of brochure. It may have just what you need check it out. I'd like more dealers in fourm. https://transtelcommunications.com/main/freedocs/dl/TransTel-TDS-Brochure.pdf
Posted By: KLD Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/01/05 01:45 PM
Ditto, here in the heartland. How about a web site? wink

KLD
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/01/05 05:37 PM
Never heard of 'em.
Posted By: dtmf Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/01/05 06:04 PM
KLD, the web site is in metelcom's first post
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/02/05 05:50 AM
Ok no one knows about TransTel, It is real nice and you should check it out I've seen several posts from people looking for a system that will work in speical applications, besides the basic features they have sensor inputs and relays outputs for intergrating with other equipment, web base programming, caller-id routing, dial by name,very flexable call routing and hunt groups. Here is the main wes site and a pdf file of system brochure

web site = https://transtelcommunications.com/

brouchure = https://transtelcommunications.com/main/freedocs/dl/TransTel-TDS-Brochure.pdf
Posted By: KLD Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/02/05 06:36 PM
Duh, you're right, dtmf. I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. wink

Merritt, thanks for the site and brouchure.

KLD
Posted By: junkman Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/06/05 05:51 AM
I've only installed one, about 3 years ago. Not sure about their new stuff, but the one I put in was a pain. Proprietary connectors for stations, and you had to set a switch on the phone depending on what port it was plugged into.
Posted By: brokeda Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/11/05 03:35 AM
why dont they put the voice mail on the site.
TMS pro. If the amanda clone is gone what replaces it. Is it any good.
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 12/12/05 06:01 PM
junkman They still use the europeian connectors on the KSU circuit boards I didn't like them at first but they work better then RJ plugs. The TDS series don't use the phone port switch but the smaller systems do, same phones used on all systems.

brokeda they no longer have the TMS pro they use a version of the Aleen for a small flash voice processor and hvae a larger unit with unified messaging that I haven't tried yet.
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/24/06 02:41 PM
We just started putting them in a few months ago. They have been great so far. They actually called us the day before an install to see if it was still scheduled. They wanted to have theie tech support guys ready if we needed them. When you do get tech support, you are getting the guys who wrote the manual. A few odd things, but that was mostly learning curve on our part. They are located somewhere down there by Ssphone in Florida.
Good product and good people so far
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/24/06 02:51 PM
emmitt
Glad to see someone else using this product, I've sold it for 10 years and have had great luck with it. The tech support is the best I had a system down on a Sunday morning and less then two hours to get tech support to call me back. I do mostly the small systems but as we say in Maine the TDS-600 is Wicked Good
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/24/06 05:19 PM
Those white phones with the pretty blue buttons look like something in my young sons toy bin....

They jusdt dont look like something you would find sitting on a Fortune 500 company office....

I'll take NEC anyday......
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/24/06 08:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kenny Slocum:
[QB] Those white phones with the pretty blue buttons look like something in my young sons toy bin....

They jusdt dont look like something you would find sitting on a Fortune 500 company office....

Your right those are for the smaller systems not many Fortune 500 using 8x24 systems. I don't know why they choose to use basic phone for cover page but here is better information of what its really like
https://transtelcommunications.com/main/freedocs/dl/TransTel-TDS-Brochure.pdf
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/24/06 09:52 PM
The 2 we have installed and the third one coming next week have all been motels. One attendant console and the rest SLT. Seem to be lots of good features for the hotel/motel features.
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/25/06 05:37 AM
metelcom,
have you used the e911 feature? that is very slick. that is the whole reason we started with this line. got to know what roomthey called from.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/26/06 07:25 AM
I saw my first one last week.

Customer has had it less than 2 years and wants to replace it.

Don't know who put it in but they never could get the VM to work.
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/26/06 07:39 AM
Mike
Which system analog or digital

I'm not a big fan of the voicemails. They had a PC base VM (TMS-100) that worked great but since going to flash memory VM now based on the aleen system they haven't impressed me.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/26/06 07:43 AM
The phones are the DK series. And the VM was a small thin box on the wall.
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/26/06 01:13 PM
DK series are the newer digital sets and that small thin box is the aleen VM. If the VM is ver 6 they had lockup problems and there is a fix for it.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/26/06 01:54 PM
I pretty sure I will be taking it out in the next few weeks.

If so would you want to buy the system?
They have 11 or 12 phones.
Posted By: metelcom Re: TransTel Telephones - 01/30/06 11:32 AM
I don't normally buy used phones but my wife has been after me for a small phone system to use in her classroom, she teachs computer technology at local tech school. If price is right I'd be interested or she can give tax credit for donations.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help