atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CM 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 03/07/06 09:03 AM
I have a customer with 3 com system NBX V3000 IP Telephone System,I Did the cabling and another
company installed the telephone system,this another company calls and says ,customer wants paging system installed and can't tell me if there is a 600 ohm output from the 3 com system. The reason is, they are not telephone guys,they are computer boys. Does anyone know about this system,I just want to give the customer a fair quote. The another company talks about all these crazy bogen adapters and amps and 70 v speakers.
I could make it simple with 24v speakers,cabling and power supply. Does it have 600ohm out???????
Posted By: aweaver Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 03/07/06 06:24 PM
We have a demo system in our office right now. According to the documents--yes. It has a 600 ohm page output. You might want to wait till a 3com dealer confirms me though before placing material orders.
Posted By: OBTW Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 03/07/06 06:48 PM
If they have spare analog ports you can connect a Bogen TAM-B unit that provides paging access by detecting analog ring voltage . The output of the TAM-B is 600 ohms and if adjusted properly will have no disconnect issues . If they have a spare ls/gs port a valcom unit can be used if the battery return option is switched on . This depends on of course what ancillary devices are installed in the IP switch .
Man, this other company must really be on the ball! :rolleyes:

As you look at the V3000 chassis, the 2nd connector from the left is for connection to an external paging system. Conveniently, it's even labeled "Paging"! :dance:

From the V3000 Installer's Guide -

The paging connector on the NCP is an RJ-11 connector. It is a line-out, 600 ohm audio interface with a dry contact closure for use with an external paging amplifier.
Posted By: MARK3906 Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 03/09/06 06:24 PM
That's the great thing about these new VOIP systems. You don't need to read the manual to install them. Just plug-em up.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 03/09/06 07:37 PM
LMFAO..thats too funny upstate.
Posted By: brokeda Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 03/09/06 09:58 PM
https://www.nbxmulticast.com/
Check this out for IP NBX.
Posted By: CM Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 03/11/06 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info, I went out to look at the jobsite, myself and YES there it is RJ11,labeled, Paging.
Do you throw away the manual for assembling Xmas toys because it can't be that hard?

On any system if you need a paging port or an extra paging port, get the cheapest possible phone and tap off the speaker leads. May have to use an audio transformer.
Posted By: Kegmaster Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 05/08/06 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
Do you throw away the manual for assembling Xmas toys because it can't be that hard?

On any system if you need a paging port or an extra paging port, get the cheapest possible phone and tap off the speaker leads. May have to use an audio transformer.
I have a situation that this will work out great in. Would you be able to tell me what kind of transformer I would need, or how I can check what kind I would need?
Posted By: brokeda Re: 3 Com NBX V3000 IP system PAGING? - 05/20/06 12:52 AM
check Mike Sandman.com
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help