atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bschelle Trillium Panther 1032 - 09/25/07 03:57 PM
I have the above system with 7 lines coming in and 16 stations. Today the display set is the only one that rings and when answering an outside call at one of the other stations, you have to press the flashing line instead of just picking it up and answering the call. What happened? I expect someone has entered a code or something to change the system. I have the user guides but I cannot figure out what happened.
Thanks in advance,
Bill.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 09/25/07 05:41 PM
Welcome to the board.

First thing to check is to see if the system has been switched to night mode, check your user guide as I am not familiar enough with that system to give you the steps to turn night mode on or off.

Next, an older system like that may lose it's programming and resort to default if it has a power failure, the battery that holds up the program eventually dies and your back at square one. If that's the case the system will need to be reprogrammed to establish the ringing extensions.

Those were just basic troubleshooting ideas, I don't know enough about that system to say more. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Mark
Posted By: OBT Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 09/26/07 02:03 AM
Mark I agree with you, If it has defaulted it will only ring on station 10.
To activate night answer dial *9 to return to day dial *8
This is for the panther 2 model.
Ken
Posted By: bschelle Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 09/26/07 07:56 AM
I tried entering *8. It should now ring at all stations and be able to answer without hitting a line button,correct? But it still only rings at station 10 and you have to press the flashing line at the other stations. There isn't any battery at the panel either. This system has been working for many years without any problems.
Posted By: OBT Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 09/27/07 01:25 AM
*8 puts it in to day mode and *9 in to night, but if the system has lost its programming it will only ring at defaulted port which is ext 10. there is a small battery on the board, tou have to open the system and it is on the main back board.this is a small one like a AA battery or a small disc one.I know it worked for many years and it still is working but because the memory battery failed you must of had a power out, it just went back to factory default. you will nead to change this battery before you reprogramme or else if the power goes again it will default
Posted By: bschelle Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 09/27/07 07:29 AM
Thanks Ken, I will let you know after I check it out and change the battery.
Thanks again,
Bill.
Posted By: bschelle Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/02/07 02:05 PM
I had to relocate my office yesterday and the landlord paid for the move. He hired an installer to move my system. Now I do not know where station 10 is. I was able to replace the two button batteries in the consople though. Now non of the phones ring and I can't get set #10 to activate. When I plug it in it just displays that it is a Panther. What are my options. Do you know of any body in northern Lake county IL that may be able to help me. All of my staff are getting tired of watching the phones to see if there is an incoming call!!
Posted By: bschelle Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/02/07 02:07 PM
PS. The installer never worked on a Trillium system so he was of no help.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/03/07 01:57 PM
Never let someone else to dictate who will work on YOUR office equipment. You should hire a competent
tech, books are availble. Anyone who would move a system without a manual is not a good tech, you should get consideration from your landlord to hire a real tech and put things right!!!
Posted By: bschelle Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/09/07 06:01 AM
I found a REAL tech and he repaired all of the mistakes the other guy did and all is well. I went to hook up my digital answering machine and now it will not answer at all. Does it need a special extension or programing? I just had it plugged into a jack in my old office and it worked fine! I emailed the tech and asked him but I think he wants to make another office call to make the machine work. He has not responded to my email yet.
Bill.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/09/07 06:30 AM
I assume it is a single line machine which will hook into a co line, you should have mentioned it to the tech while he was there, it would warrant another service call as he will have to come out and set up a jack to share line 1.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/09/07 06:41 AM
As well he'll have to make another service call. When did you bring out the answering machine, after he left???

This isn't a Ronco infomercial (but wait there's more). Your first "professional" screwed up if you had all of the equipment in place in that he didn't provide for the analog device. If it wasn't there, it must be your fault. At any rate, service techs can't read your mind, he came to reprogram the system and based on what you told him, did so. If you told him you had an answering machine and it didn't work, he would have made it work. Since you didn't he couldn't read your mind.

Work it out between the two, but plan on paying the second guy or the first.

Carl
Posted By: bschelle Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/09/07 02:54 PM
Thanks Carl. I needed to be beat up because I forgot to have them do my answering machine.
Posted By: OBT Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/10/07 03:44 AM
you might be able to get a trillium panther opx unit. converts key phone to slt for answering machines, cordless phones etc... will answer any line coming in,one at a time of course.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/10/07 02:59 PM
Originally posted by bschelle:
I found a REAL tech and he repaired all of the mistakes the other guy did and all is well. I went to hook up my digital answering machine and now it will not answer at all. Does it need a special extension or programing? I just had it plugged into a jack in my old office and it worked fine! I emailed the tech and asked him but I think he wants to make another office call to make the machine work. He has not responded to my email yet.
Bill.
Off the top of my head, there are two systems that allow you to plug a single line device into a key system port and have it function properly and the Panther isn't one of them :-)

I'm not here to beat you up, but you pretty much said in this post that you plugged it into a jack in your old office and it worked fine. I know that all 6 position jacks look alike, but you can't plug a Panther phone into a jack at home and you can't plug an answering machine into a Panther jack. Yet you made it seem like it was a crime that the tech "wanted to make another service call". How do you propose he give you a single line jack tied to line 1 if he is in his office and you are in yours?

If that's the worst beating you get in a week, be glad. Pay one of the guys their money or do it yourself and chalk it up to experience.

I'm thinking that $30-50 spread out over the life of this system isn't a whole lot since the Panther has to be about 15 years old.

Carl
Posted By: OBT Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/11/07 01:10 AM
There is a opx available for the panther systems. and it is fine for the likes of a answering machine, cordless, or long line.
this is a converter that plugs in to key port and gives out a slt port, it interfaces with the system as a key phone. the goldstar GSX series had one as well and it worked fine.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/11/07 05:12 AM
Those OPX boxes you refer to for Panther are rare around here, but a search of the internet shows that maybe some are available.

I don't remember when Mitel discontinued the product(at least 15 years ago), but I have 4 systems in my customer base and I only installed two of them and they were used.

It the original poster had one, it probably go lost in the shuffle.

Carl
Posted By: bschelle Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/11/07 12:36 PM
Will I need a Trillium Tech to set up a jack to share line 1? Reason being the Trillium Tech is 60 miles away and hard to schedule.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/11/07 01:42 PM
If you're going with the answering machine plugged into line 1, no. Anyone who knows how to wire jacks can break out a pair at the location you specify and wire line 1 to it.

Carl, don't write back if he screws it up :-)
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Trillium Panther 1032 - 10/11/07 03:14 PM
Where in Lake County are you? I know of a small company in Buffalo Grove that might help you out if it was just hooking up a jack to line 1 for an answering machine.

There's not too many people left that even know what a Trillium 1032 is--much less work on one and program it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help