atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CCS WIN 48CPU Upgrade - 09/24/09 07:54 AM
I replaced a defective 48cpu card on a 440ct system. WIN no longer carries the 48 so I purchaced one elsewhere. However it was version 2.3. The system is running smartvoice so I need to upgrade to at least 5.1... I procured the software upgrade file (PGM File) from WIN. I have never had the need to upgrade the 48 ( have upgraded the 128).....I was under the impression that the 48 upgraded via the smartcard and not like the 128 which uses the daughterboard. The manual however says you do use the daughterboard. When I loaded the software on the smartcard and inserted it, the system said "invalid smart media type"...
Question 1) is....did it say that because the smart media card is to big?.is there a size limitation?....it is a 128m. The card I had for backups was a 64m, however that has been corrupted and can,t use it anymore.

Question 2) is how do I upgrade this thing??? If i do use the daughterboard...how would I load the file unto a daughterboard????

Thank you in advanced for any help you can provide....
Posted By: walleye398 Re: WIN 48CPU Upgrade - 09/29/09 07:26 PM
no you cant use the daughterboard.

there was only a handful of chips that would work, most were 8mg or 16 mg, i never tried to get any larger ones for this app.

Also that error could also mean that the CPU was not initialized properly, sometimes simply (as long as it hasnt been programmed) re-initializing the processor will enable the card to be seen.

Another possibility is that the smartcard was not formatted via the Win system to begin with.
Posted By: CCS Re: WIN 48CPU Upgrade - 09/30/09 08:45 AM
Thanks for the reply walleye, I found an 8m card and worked perfectly.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help