atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LAC ATT 944 system - 12/29/09 04:11 PM
Here's the scenario. I have an ATT 944 system with 6 phones and 4 lines. After a storm, 2 of the phones on opposite ends of the building would not work right. (they happen to both be a phone hooked up with a fax as well) The other 4 phones are fine. The bad phones are both acting the same in that when you pick up one line....you hear ALL the lines. Help!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ATT 944 system - 12/29/09 04:28 PM
Time for 2 replacement phones! To prove this for sure, temporarily swap positions with a working location. If the problem 'moves' with the phone, then it's the phone. If the problem 'stays' at the location, you have other problems.

Then there is the problem that the 944 is loonnnggg out of production. frown Do a search in the forum for 944, somebody outlined what AT&T 4-line phone work together. They don't all work together and the 944 is the real problem, if I recall correctly. frown

Check this thread in this same forum. At&T 944 Phone
Posted By: rich30529 Re: ATT 944 system - 12/29/09 04:34 PM
Are these At&t 4 line phones?

Try swapping the bad ones with some that work. If the bad phone will not work no matter where you plug it in, then most likely the phone needs to be replaced.

If the bad phone works when plugged into another jack somewhere else in the office, call in an expert to check the jacks and the wiring.
Posted By: dexman Re: ATT 944 system - 12/29/09 05:03 PM
If you find that the 2 suspect units are bad, you have a few options:

1) Check eBay or other online sites to see if there are any 944's listed.
2) Replace the 944's with 1040's (current model with the same feature set). All units need to be replaced per at&t\'s website.
3) Check out a true small business telephone system like the Avaya Partner ACS R8.
Posted By: LAC Re: ATT 944 system - 12/29/09 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone! I did change the phones to another location and they still do not work.
I was afraid they were toast but I was hoping you all had some miracle fix. Thanks anyway.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ATT 944 system - 12/30/09 11:36 AM
LAC, you could try 'laying on the hands'. As you pick them up to toss them in the dumpster. smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help