atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Not_sirius School Bells over paging - 10/11/11 07:27 PM
My client is a school with a large old Bogen 70V zoned 2 way paging system that they want to replace. The company that originally installed it (and has the only schematics) won't touch it and only want to sell them something new. I am against it since for the most part it works pretty good. I feel a bit of maintenance would be sufficient. They are asking for 3 bids so I need to stay in the game. One of the main issues is the tone ringers that they schedule classes with. I am at a loss on what to offer them. Normally I do Valcom for paging, but have never had to integrate timed signalling for a minimum of 6 schedules they can easily select. Oh, and they want to tie it into the phone system. I am proposing a TDE200 for the telcom side.

Any clues would be appreciated.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: School Bells over paging - 10/12/11 07:56 AM
VIKING has at least 1 time clock/tone generator that might be what you need.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: School Bells over paging - 10/12/11 08:54 AM
Ditto....The Viking units are very reliable, easy to program and they have great tech support. We have used the CTG-1 out there---we haven't had a chance to put a CTG-2 anywhere, yet. For us it's been--put them in and forget them.

From their website : "The CTG-1 can be programmed to output single, double or triple alert tones with up to 128 events in a 24 hour period. These bong/buzzer sounds are ideal for indicating the start and end of shifts, break times, lunch periods, etc. for factories, schools, or any business.."
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: School Bells over paging - 10/12/11 09:26 AM
we have a Latham time clock here at work that sends tones for shift change over the paging system.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: School Bells over paging - 10/12/11 10:03 AM
I like Viking stuff too but I read it as a single day with 128 events. They want to have 6 different schedules to toggle between depending on day of the week. Am I interpreting this wrong? Is the Latham clock capable of this?
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: School Bells over paging - 10/12/11 11:00 AM
https://lathem.com/products/signal-devices/dwas-signal-control.aspx
Posted By: metelcom Re: School Bells over paging - 10/12/11 11:07 AM
The Lathem is the same as the Viking it only has one circuit but a lot more programs. You could have each day be different schedule but not 6 different schedules to choose from. The Allsync can have up to 6 different circuits with different programs.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: School Bells over paging - 10/15/11 09:21 PM
Thanks Guys for all the help!
Now I have enough information to try to nail them down to what they REALLY want and can afford.
Posted By: Owain Re: School Bells over paging - 10/16/11 12:37 PM
You can also used a PC-based software solution, e.g.
https://download.cnet.com/SchoolBell/3000-2350_4-10664966.html
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help