atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RonP Engenius Durafon Pro behind Avaya Partner - 03/21/13 12:44 AM
I just installed an Eugenius Durafon Pro behind an Avaya Partner with 2 handsets, each with their own extension off the Partner. Works great except for one thing. The Durafon seems to be amplifying hum on some Verizon loops start lines. Its noticeable to outside callers, but not enough to hinder a call. Just plain jane annoying. Is there something I can do with the Durafon to tap that down a bit? Is there a noise filter I can put on the lines to pad that hum?
Posted By: dutch Re: Engenius Durafon Pro behind Avaya Partner - 03/21/13 11:17 AM
I'd check with buttset and do direct line pickup idle, press talk,
wait for dial tone and 2 digit line #. Engenius is a analog SL set.try different ports/module.
Posted By: oobie Re: Engenius Durafon Pro behind Avaya Partner - 03/21/13 12:06 PM
If you call Engenius there is a way to adjust hidden volume setting through the programming mode of the phone.
Posted By: RonP Re: Engenius Durafon Pro behind Avaya Partner - 03/21/13 01:38 PM
Already tried putting my butt set on it and it sounds ok. Same with an actual keyset. There is some detectable hum there, but not enough where its a problem. I will try a different module to see if the problem follows.
I am aware of the volume settings on the Engenius. I'll be going out there shortly to try that.......thanks
How far is the Durafon base unit from the Partner C/U?
Posted By: RonP Re: Engenius Durafon Pro behind Avaya Partner - 03/25/13 11:50 PM
Partner is on the opposite side of a block wall. Are you implying close proximity to the partner to be an issue? I already tried relocating the Durafon base. That didn't help......Update, I did adjust the hidden volume setting down and it appears to have helped.
Posted By: RonP Re: Engenius Durafon Pro behind Avaya Partner - 04/10/13 12:27 AM
Got an update on this job. Customer still having issues with noise on outside calls. Hooked up the Durafon Pro directly to an outside line and sure enough, still have hum/white noise there. My guess the Pro must be super sensitive to this. Called Engenius about this and after being bumped up a few levels through tech support, an engineer speculated the culprit it might be low loop current from Verizon. This customer is located about 3 miles from the nearest CO in an almost rural setting. So, when I return tomorrow, I will check the loop current to verify his theory. His proposed solution was installing some echo cancelers from Sandman on there. Apparently, this was done before under similar circumstances with some success. He realizes putting cancelers on the line is weird when dealing with low loop current, but it did work.
Does anyone else have thoughts on this?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help