atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Deltron iPecs MG - 06/13/13 08:31 PM
Anybody know anything about this system? Good, bad or indifferent. Still lamenting the loss of the Vodavi XTS.

Also looking at the iPecs LIK.

Sure would like some input, the NEC DSX, even as good as it is, is pretty limited.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPecs MG - 06/13/13 10:12 PM
The MG is the same as the Vertical MBX.

My preference is still the LIK.
Posted By: Deltron Re: iPecs MG - 06/14/13 04:11 AM
Apparently the MG is as bad as the MBX according to a couple of people I talked to today.

Seems the LIK is rather well liked.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPecs MG - 06/14/13 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Deltron

Dang Bill, that's what I told you 2 years ago! wink
Posted By: Deltron Re: iPecs MG - 06/14/13 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by nfcphoneman
Originally Posted by Deltron

Dang Bill, that's what I told you 2 years ago! wink
Yeah, but I'm as stubborn as a Missouri mule.
Posted By: Deltron Re: iPecs MG - 07/04/13 08:53 PM
OK, I give up. How in the world do you get this thing to ring cell phones to forward a message?

The manual is about as clear as Egyptian Hieroglyphics on this one. I turned on everything I can find that seems related to it but see no way of accessing the voice mail and entering the option for notification from the station set.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPecs MG - 07/05/13 12:07 PM
On the LIK, you go to "Mobile Extension Table" (236) and find the extension you're looking for. Turn "VSF/VMIM Notify" to "USE".

Then select the CO Group to use and input your telephone number.
Posted By: Deltron Re: iPecs MG - 07/05/13 03:21 PM
So the user cannot change this from their mail options?

I had turned on VSF/VMIM notify but hadn't done the rest.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPecs MG - 07/05/13 04:23 PM
I don't think so, but I've never tried it. They can change it from the Station Admin web portal.

I would add, that this is not a feature you'll be using much with the IPECS. Most everyone would prefer to have the voice-mail emailed to them, than to be called by the system.

-Larry
Posted By: Deltron Re: iPecs MG - 07/05/13 04:57 PM
My customers are lucky they have a cell phone, much less a smart phone that can play .wav files. So, we should train the attendant to administer users cell numbers? I really have no problem with that.

On that note too. I set up the iPecs to email people but what PGM# do you set so the MFM acquires a DHCP address from my router to access the web?

So far it looks a bit like a stripped down XTS for the most part. Seems our first proposal is going to be 55 digital phones to replace a 23 year old Premier/Intertel so we're getting up to speed as quickly as possible.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPecs MG - 07/05/13 06:35 PM
PGM 102, "System & Device IP", but I wouldn't use DHCP for the phone system.

I usually set "MFIM/E IP Address" to an IP Address of the customer's subnet. I'll then set the "Second System IP Address" to our own sub-net (Hopefully 10.10.10.x) and set the "Automatic IP Assign" to ON.

This allows the phone system to just take one IP address from the customer. The phone system then sends out IP addresses to the phones and gateways. Helps to keep you away from the local IT Guy's mess.

Sorry your customers don't have smart phones. Didn't realize you were running an interconnect for the technically challenged. wink
Posted By: Deltron Re: iPecs MG - 07/13/13 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by nfcphoneman
Sorry your customers don't have smart phones. Didn't realize you were running an interconnect for the technically challenged. wink
Honestly 1A2 would be enough for a number of them. Not even a buzz and wait intercom would be necessary.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help