atcomsystems.ca/forum
We just met with a customer who was lead to believe that the receptionist can both transfer calls out to a remote worker on his cell phone, but can actually see the status of the cell phone user before they transfer the call out to them. Customer thinks the system shows if the user is on any cell phone call, wether using a pbx related ap or not. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?
If it was using a SIP softphone.
K if I was using the sip softphone ap on my android phone, and was just on a normal cell phone call not using the ap nor using anything with the system, would it show on the attendant consule that I was just using my cell phone for a normal cell call? Or only when I use the SIP ap?
only when using the SIP. Unless you have something like the NEC Mobil Ext. Call in via DISA and use system, mobile ext shows busy, receive call same thing.

Needs PRI.
The reception will only see the cell phone in use when they are using the Zultys Mobile app to make the call. Anytime someone calls the cell phone number direct or they make a Non-Zutlys call the receptionist will not be able to see that they are on the phone. However the user can place the presence status as unavailable manually and depending on the cell provider this can be done while on the call.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help