atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JWRacedog 2000 IVS - 11/28/01 09:23 AM
We have been asked to service & maintain a NEC 2000 IVS. Am familiar with Mark II, & Prof I, II & Adv. but not the IVS.
1. How does the attendant reset time & date?--is there a separate user guide for the attendant position?
2. What happens when a hard reset of system is done? Customer has been complaining of features (like call forwarding) being lost...then come back. Does this system get glitches when features are turned on and off many times?
3. How difficult is it to program the multi-function keys on the 16dd's. Is it done at the attendant set through system programming or can individual users program their own phones?
4. There seems to be 3 or 4 different manuals that I can get on this system...should I get them all...or do I pick one. I'm interested in just programming and feature operation and description. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: 2000 IVS - 11/28/01 11:48 PM
The 2000 IVS is totally different from the systems you named, though the phones might be similar.

1. Setting time & date is done in system programming: Command 02.

2. The only thing lost w/ a reset should be the scratch pad memory.( LNR, S&R ) Call Fwd,message waiting should be uneffected.

3. Button programming can be done by the user, but only one touch speed dials, dss keys or access codes. All other buttons (headset, DND, VM, Park, cfwd is done in system programming.

4. The manuals you would want would be: Command Manual, Installation Manual, Feature Programming Manual & Business/Hotel/Data Features & Specs.

Hope this helps.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help