atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: new2nec PRT questions on Elite 192 - 06/24/04 12:23 AM
Greetings everyone,

I am anxiously waiting for the phone company to drop in a full PRI to our site, and was doing some preparation for the programming task. I have a couple of questions that the more experienced members may be able to help me out here...

Basics: PRT(1)-U10 firmware 2.10; Elite 192 - S8000

Questions:
1. Will the above combo support incoming caller id (Calling Party Name?) display, or do I have to upgrade the firmware for my PRT(1)-U10? The manual is a bit unclear on this.

2. My phone company says that for DID numbers through the PRI, they will be sending 7 digits. When I read the manual, it says 2, 3 or 4 digits only. What happens when my PRT sees 7 digits? do I need to request telco to change it to 4 digit DID's only?

(If I do change it to 4 digits DID through the PRI, then how does my system differentiate between xxx-2203 and yyy-2203? That was the original reason that I opted for 7 digit DID's.)

Thanks for any lights our senior techies can shed on the topic.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: PRT questions on Elite 192 - 06/24/04 11:13 AM
1- Yes the PRI card you have will support NI-2 caller ID. You can even get both name/number @ the same time if you set your COS correctly.
2- Have telco send 3 or 4 digits only.
The 2 examples you show would be routed to the same destination.
Posted By: ClassOfService Re: PRT questions on Elite 192 - 08/03/04 06:08 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by new2nec:
Greetings everyone,

I am anxiously waiting for the phone company to drop in a full PRI to our site, and was doing some preparation for the programming task.

</font>

If you plan on administering this KSU remotely via modem, check out my thread:

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum14/HTML/000195.html

It will save you time and effort. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help