atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Plugboard Electra 192 Conf Bridge - 07/07/04 06:10 AM
Customer Complains of low volume on in-skin conference card. I can't find any adjustments in it for gain. Is this typical, and is there a better solution, maybe an external bridge that might work better?

Thanks For your help!
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Electra 192 Conf Bridge - 07/07/04 09:17 AM
I don't see any setting associated w/ the CNF card to help low volume. If you have a T-1 or PRI you could set 3-29 & 3-30 for padding. A call to NEC tech support might help, there is a 9 pin connector on the front of the card & something could possibly be tweaked there. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Plugboard Re: Electra 192 Conf Bridge - 07/07/04 02:15 PM
Thanks for answering. Nope, just analog CO's.. I did notice today the volume of the prompt on the card is a bit low.. I would call it about 75% of the ringback volume. Maybe thats normal for these cards. Can't call tech support 'cause we aren't a dealer...took this one over because the customer is mad at the local NEC group.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Electra 192 Conf Bridge - 07/07/04 03:39 PM
just looked in the hardware & programminng manuals.......nothing there to adjust the volume.

it should be at a normal level! that's what's it's there for!
Posted By: tfear Re: Electra 192 Conf Bridge - 09/16/04 12:00 PM
Our firm just installed an NEC electra Elite IPK and our conference bridge calling (and regular phone conf call) feature sucks. We can hear attendees but they can't here us or each other. This is costing us $$$ since the reason we bought the system was to not have to use 3rd party conf providers.

Can anyone let me know (which I will forward to my dealer) if there is anything other than the padding that can be tweaked? X/O claimed they changed the T to nonrestrictive (-3Db to 0Db) but that seemd to make matters worse. I've got them back on the hook to increase the gain to +3Db (we don't use the bridge so much that we are going to burn up any lines)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance -Tom
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help