atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DJvonRapp Elite IPK Expansion Card - 07/13/04 11:40 AM
We're considering getting an expansion card for our PBX. Right now we have 120 ports total and seven open ones for new extensions. With a high likelihood of expanding and taking over the neighboring office, we're going to need more ports. What are the drawbacks of the expansion card? I know that ACD functionality would be lost on the ports on the Expansion card. I'm hearing conflicting information on VM softkeys. Also quick transfer to VM would not work. Anything else? Anybody use one? Any thoughts on the subject? Alternatives?
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Elite IPK Expansion Card - 07/14/04 08:30 PM
ipk=key system

you can only have a total of 120 esi ports per complete ipk system. 3 cabinets.

now you can tie 2 systems together via t1 (or fiber if close enough using t1-fiber transceivers)

some drawbacks:
you will lose softkeys on the remote side.

everybody on both sides will need at least 1 cap key (to receive calls over the t1).

you will need at least 1 car key free (to light message lamps on the remote side).

be able to dedicate a complete range to the remote side (say the complete 300's).

quick transfer to vm will not work (just have to forward busy-no/answer).

among other things.

ccis might help with the softkeys and other stuff. i'm not trained on that. so someone (DOC) will have to fill you in on what ccis will give you.

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited July 14, 2004).]

Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Elite IPK Expansion Card - 07/14/04 08:33 PM
i'll get the down sides from nec here and post.

ok....look in the features & specs guide under centralized voicemail to see what is supported on the remote side.

if you need it go here: ftp://chrislebeck.mine.nu

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help