atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: thanmad looking for info on CCIS - 08/10/04 09:05 AM
Hey all,

I just found out about your forum this week, I'm glad there's places like this around.

I just recently have begun to learn about our phone systems (2400 and 2000IVS). I'm looking into replacing our T1 CCIS connection and instead use a couple of routers to emulate a T1 and take our signal over fiber to save some $$$. However it looks like I need to find which is the signaling timeslot. I've found the dip switches that are supposed to control that, but I can't see them without pulling the card. Is there a way I can find this out on the console in the PBX? (I think it's call the MAT).

Thanks for any help you can provide [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Thanmad
Posted By: NECTECH Re: looking for info on CCIS - 08/10/04 10:05 AM
THANMAD

Normally the CCIS signaling channel is the 24th channel of the card.
You can double check 2 ways do a LLEN and put in the LENS number of the card.
Or use DPSW command on the MAT(IT only works on some software Revs.)

On LLEN
You’ll find 2 trunks that have a different route number than the others on that card they will be the CCIS trunks.
One of these will be on the physical card the other is on the sub highway of the PBX all you need to be concerned with is the one on the card.
EX.000130-156 RT 1 VOICE
157 RT 2 CCIS Physical channel
000120 RT 2 CCIS (SUBHIGH WAY OF PBX)

Just as an FYI I have installed many CCIS circuits doing the same thing you are, you should not have to worry about the CCIS channel.
You may need to flip the cabling at one of the ends to make the circuit come up.
As long as the circuit you setup and the card use the same signaling (D4 AMI or B8ZS) you should be good.

You will know all is working by looking at the CCIS card and seeing green LEDS on the DOPE and LYR LEDS
Posted By: thanmad Re: looking for info on CCIS - 08/10/04 10:29 AM
That's great! I'll see what I can find, thanks for your help. You've done these before? If it's with Cisco routers could I see a copy of your config to double check my work? I'm currently trying the config for Transparent CCS using a clear-channel codec.

Thanks again,
Thanmad
Posted By: NECTECH Re: looking for info on CCIS - 08/10/04 11:45 AM
THANMAD
I do not have access to the config but its sounds like you are on the right track.
Posted By: thanmad Re: looking for info on CCIS - 08/11/04 08:40 AM
Stupid question warning:

Ok on the LLEN command where I enter my LENS, how do I figure out my LENS id for that card? I understand that it's partially tied to the location of the card in the chassis, but beyond that I'm not sure. I tried to find the answers on google and have not had much luck.

Thanmad
Posted By: thanmad Re: looking for info on CCIS - 08/11/04 09:50 AM
Nevermind, my brain wasn't working this morning, I got it figured out after I RTM (Read the manual).
Posted By: NECTECH Re: looking for info on CCIS - 08/11/04 09:59 AM
GOOD ....trying to describe it on email would be a little difficult
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help