atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jspeterson How is the Elite IPK??? Please advise me! - 08/19/04 01:39 PM
How is this system? what are the postivie and negatives about it? Is it this system going to provide me with a stable future and system that my small business can grow with?
it's ok. got some funny ways about it.

will only go up to 192 ports. 64 of those can be co type lines (be it pri, t1, tie, did, copper).

has ip trunking, vm, analog ports, and everything a good key system will have (notice the words key system! it is NOT a pbx). phones use only 1 pair to control it.
Yea It seems to be a relatively good system. We use it. The only quarrel I have with it is that once you reach the limit of 120 ports, expansion beyond that loses some functionality. We're at 80something people now and constantly expanding. At his point, we have about 7 or 8 ports free. Voicemail, ACD, queues, Virtual VM boxes, greetings, etc.. all take up ports. Another issue we had was that the IP card had a design flaw. I think NEC came out with a fix but we went another route so I don't know if the fix really fixed anything. Other than that, it works fairly good for us. The only thing to really keep in mind is the growth of your company. You don't want to have to buy a whole new system 6 months down the road.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help