atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jescott Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 09:36 AM
Our North Carolina program is using an Electra Elite 192 phone system. They recently terminated the Office Manager who was one of the 2 administrative accounts on the voicemail system. The Office administrator is flagged as a phone system administrator so we should be able to use her account to reset the Office manager's password so that it can be updated with the interim office managers information.

The problem that I have is I only have the "multiline Telephone User Guide", "Attendent User Guide", and the "Voice mail user guide" and I have been unable to find the steps necessary to get into the voicemail administration system to perform the updates. I have attempted to register at the NEC website to hopefully get some documentation but it says it can take up to 3 days to get an account. As an end user I am not sure I will qualify for it even then.

Does anyone have some type of administrative FAQ documentation available? I am more of a computer guy than a phone guy, so if additional information is required please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 10:06 AM
The problem you are going to have even with the Docs is that you will need to know the passcode that the old admin used. You may want to get with him/her and have them tell you.
Posted By: jescott Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 10:14 AM
Unfortunately it was not an amiable departure so even if I were to be able to get a hold of her, it is doubtful that she would provide any information that would be helpful.

Would it not be possible to use an administrative account to reset the password of a second administrative account? I am hoping to be able to use the current Office Administrator's account to reset the Office Manager's password so that the Interim Office Manager can set up the mailbox with her name, messages etc. And then when she leaves, she can give the message to the permanent BOM to setup the mailbox.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 10:26 AM
Well it isn't her system and she should provide the info, get your lawyer to call her. If that fails you may want to get with one of the Nec moderators to work with you off line, there may be a charge but if they can get you in, it would be well worth it. With her having the password you are at risk that she may log in and mess up your VMS.
I would think that if she was doing the admin there should be some docs that she was using unless she took them as well in which case that would be theft.

What mail are you using?

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited September 08, 2004).]
Posted By: jescott Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 10:47 AM
The user guide I have lists it as Elitemail FMS/VMS digital voice mail.

It would be cheaper to pay for a support call then to hire a lawyer to call her for her password. The company that setup the phone system did not leave the administrative guide with the program. Being in Dallas and the system in North Carolina I was unaware of this until after the fact and they are no longer in business.

I could see about getting approval to place the support call, and I do not think it would be hard to get approval, but I was really hoping to be able to keep basic administration such as this in house. If we have to outsource mailbox modification we would be looking at pretty hefty expense that I think we could easily do in house if we just had a basic guide.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 11:03 AM
What I mean by getting help is that once one of the mods gets you into the voice mail, you would take over the admin and be in control.
Whats your email? I have a few docs I can shoot you.
Posted By: jescott Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 11:08 AM
I am sending you an email right now. Thanks for your assitance it is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 11:21 AM
You got mail
Posted By: jescott Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/04 11:46 AM
Those documents are perfect! Thank you very much for them.
Posted By: jbyrge Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 12/06/04 08:47 AM
Is it possible you could send those same documents to me.

I am in the exact same senario, our past Admin was terminated and I have no way to even check messages on many of our phones.

Thanks for any help.

Jim Byrge
NCFA
We are having a similar problem- the old office manager is long gone, and we need to get into the voicemail system for programming.

We have an electra elite 48, and are having trouble getting into the voicemail system for programming, which seems a similar problem. We've ordered manuals, but seem to be missing the one relevant system manager's administration guide.
Posted By: grh959 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 01/16/05 06:47 PM
I can help.........
Posted By: Kitw515 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 02/02/05 03:27 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grh959:
I can help.........</font>

Could you please help me - We also need the system manager's administration guide - any assistance would be most appreciated.

>>>>>We have an electra elite 48, and are having trouble getting into the voicemail system for programming, which seems a similar problem. We've ordered manuals, but seem to be missing the one relevant system manager's administration guide.<<<<<<<<<<
Posted By: Kitw515 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 02/02/05 03:33 PM
dtmf - could you shoot a few documents my way? Please?
If you need help please email me at [email protected]. I can help
Posted By: itgeek Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/20/05 01:19 PM
I could certainly use those Admin guides, if possible. My email is:

bhautly@<remove this part>yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Brad
hey dtmf i could really use them too!!

i have a ipk with a cms voicemail tied to a 192 via a dti card using centralized vm. do you think that would help me out?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

just messing with ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv ya man!
Posted By: BNA Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/26/05 04:46 PM
Does anyone have simple admin guides that could walk someone through simple MACs on both the Elite IPK and EliteMail? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :rolleyes:

I'm at [email protected].
Originally posted by BNA:
Does anyone have simple admin guides that could walk someone through simple MACs on both the Elite IPK and EliteMail? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :rolleyes:

I'm at [email protected].
A couple of hints:

First, you'll get a better response if you have a full profile, with an email and a website (better still, an email that matches the website). It helps to reassure people that you're not a hacker from Estonia.

Secondly, what's your background on the Elite, and what are you trying to do? For example, if you're an end-user and you just know that there's a closet full of wires "in there," I wouldn't know where to start with describing a MAC procedure, and to be frank, giving you a manual would be dangerous, irresponsible, and probably expensive to your company.

On the other hand, if you're a techie (i.e. a Unix guru who got stuck with the phones, or a phone tech who normally does Norstar, etc.) then it would be a bit easier to tell you what to do, and where to get manuals.

For example, to do MACs on the Elitemail, you'll need a laptop and a program called "CoSessions." Do you have that?

I hope that doesn't sound "Elitist" (pun intended).
Posted By: ELL Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/27/05 05:45 PM
Hi folks is it possible you could send those same documents to me.
I am in the exact same situation, our past Admin left the company and no one thought he would. With him he took the information on how to reset, create, delete or even purge the mailbox system.
I am a help desk technician who was thrown into this duty after I was newly hired....yesterday. I am unable to get a mailbox which is how I came into this dilemna. Please if you can...Help!

I appreciate all that you can do.
ELL, what do you have from the old admin's notes, if anything? Do you know your VM pilot number (the number you call to reach VMail)?

Do you know what the old admin's mailbox # and password were? (Don't type the PW here, a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice). Do you know what type of Elitemail you have (CMS/FMS/VMS)?

Not all of these are vital, but if you know them, it will make your job easier. Also, on a scale of 1-10, where 1 is your grandmother and 10 is Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, how technical are you?
Posted By: ELL Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/27/05 06:44 PM
Hey Telephoneguy,
I do not have the old admins mailbox# and I am guessing that we still have the default password, I believe we have the VMS elitemail and I do know the pilot number to reach VMail. I am a techie on a scale of systems - computers a 10. On the telephony side a mere 6.5. I was poking around in the pc system that is connected to the Electra Elite 42/192 and found it was not totally installed. The old tech had a laptop that he used to administer the vm system. When he left so did the information.
You've got mail.
Posted By: ELL Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/27/05 06:56 PM
Thanks so much Telephoneguy. I really appreciate this....ELL
Posted By: BNA Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/27/05 08:39 PM
Telephoneguy, you got mail.

Can you perform MACs without the use of Co-sessions - i.e. through an administrator mailbox like with NEAXMail?
Posted By: Glenn Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/27/05 09:25 PM
We're having the same problem, any consultants in the LA area who know the Electra Elite 192 system that can help out? We have an NEC Electra Elite 192 and our administrator left. We don't know any of the administrator codes and our phone systems are a mess. We're looking for someone to re-program our phones and walk me through some basic adminstrator set-up.

Thanks,
Glenn, you're just a bit outside my service area -- I'm about 5-6 hours north of you. Otherwise, I'd be happy to help. But there's got to be a tech in LA...
I think i have the same system and have the same problem.
I would love thoughts documents
Electra Elite 192 Voicemail

I also had a guestion about this system. I found where the systems manager box is. when i get into any of the mail boxs (only 2 mail boxs with no messages) it tells me the i am running low on message space. Now in the manager box i went to the info button and it said that i only have 7-8 minutes of recording space available. Is that the limit of is there some recorded space that i have to delete?

Help
First, you'll get a better response if you complete your profile so people know that you're not a hacker/phreak. With your "gmail" email, you could be anybody.

But in answer to your question; yes, there's a limit to the recording time. If you're on the FMS or CMS, it might be a small amount of space to start with.

Step 1: Contact all users and ask that they delete old archived messages.
Step 2: Connect to the VM using CoSessions, and perform hard disk maintenance (i.e. DeFrag). Low recording space alarms are sometimes caused when there is not enough Contiguous free space; DeFrag will help.
Step 3: While in CoSessions, you will notice files called "Replog??.???" -- These are records of call transfers, and may be deleted to make space. You should be able to figure out the date code and only delete the oldest ones.
or could be "public" messages just sitting there. connect via cosessions and do a report to see where all the space is.

you may also need to run a scandisk, database check, and defrag.

or it could just be a bunch of replogs just hogging up all the space. shut down the vm with cosessions and look on the drive for anything that starts with replog*.* and delete them.
Posted By: homebsa Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 11/01/05 02:13 PM
I'm Having the same issues, I need to get into the system, need to reset system mgr codes, etc, reset VM and have some manuals that I can't make heads or tails of. Can someone help?
best bet is to use cosessions and do a report of all the mailboxes to see who is hogging up all the space. you'll also be able to see who hasn't even setup their mailbox as well as who is just not using it.

side note.....if you have/use live record, it will eat up your space pretty quick. and that may be the problem
And here I thought I was alone in the world. My admin person has left me and I've got an Electra Elite 48 and no way to get into the NEC mailbox. I also don't have PC access to my system because the program left with my old, now defunct telephone support company. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a 10 on the PC scale, 6.5 - 7.0 on the telecomm scale.
Does anyone have the default password for Elite voice mail.
just don't post it in the open forum, pm it to that person.
Does anyone have the default password for Elite voice mail. Same question but not sure who can help me. Hard drive failed, do a image backup successful, reimage to another hard drive. But it prompt for 13 digit passcode ? any idea ? Sound like a default activation code. Anyway can help
you'll need the activation code. it is not a password. but a key code that enables the vm.
Posted By: PaulaT Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 01/09/06 12:23 PM
Hi All,

I have recently joined my company as their IT Manager after they terminated their previous guy. As well all know most of the time when it is a bad termination most of the important information goes with the previous person. Well, I have no documentation on my telephone system and I am new the the NEC phone systems. Is there anyone out there that has any info they can give me on the Electra Elite 192 system. I have some minor problems happening with some voicemails and need to get some infomation to help me research them. My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Posted By: GB-Wes Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 02/21/06 03:27 PM
Greetings:

Can someone please email or private me a default password for the NEC login for a EliteMail VMS(4)? I need to default the system as it is a used voicemail card. I have CoSession installed and connected successfully, however, the passwords supplied with the VM do not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: GB-Wes Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 02/22/06 01:32 PM
Never Mind:

I figured it out on my own via Trial and Error...

Thanks anyway.
Posted By: Beulah Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 04/18/06 08:11 AM
I also need the default password for the NEC Elite Mail FMS/VMS. I need to reset some mail boxes. My email is [email protected].
Posted By: Beulah Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 04/18/06 08:13 AM
Sorry I put the wrong email address down. It is [email protected] not G2.
Can anyone send me the documents that everyone is talking about in these posts? I have the same situation where I am installing a electra elite 48 with EliteMail VMS and the system admin password on the VM is unknown. I wanted to either reset the entire VM to its default setup or see if there is a back door to the system admin. Can anyone help me out?
Posted By: rockg Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 08/02/06 03:48 PM
Hey Telephoneguy can you send me those docs too? NEC Elite 192 FMS/VMS
Posted By: Kauzmic Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/07/06 07:08 PM
I've had an Electra Elite 48 for years now and have always been 'kept in the dark' about the system, what it can do and how to program features. I don't have a features list and don't know what the system can do. Very frustrating. The manuals and user guides that I do have suck BIG time.

Does anybody have a comprehensive list of things the system can do (such as call forwarding to my cell phone)? Or does anyone actually have a manual (or know what manual I need) that tells me how to program (what I can) by using the phone key pad (I know that the laptop programming is reserved for the $150 per hour bandits).

Thanks,
Kauzmic
call forwarding to a cell phone can be done IF it is allowed in class of service

look here for a user guide for multiline phones:
Manuals
it will have the DEFAULT codes to forward etc. NOTE THE WORD DEFAULT. it could have been changed by the installer and you wouldn't know what it would be without digging thru system programming.
medequixtel>> you can (how depends on what vm you have) put the vm into maint mode and then de-archive a default database. still need co-sessions in order to do it though.

1>turn off the vm
2>switch switch #3 to the opposite direction
3>restart the vm
4>connect with co-sessions
5>de-archive a default database
6>turn off the vm
7>put #3 back
8>start up the vm

password will be the normal default password
Posted By: Kauzmic Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 09/08/06 08:04 PM
Thanks chrislebeck !
Kauzmic
Posted By: RMCIT Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 04/23/08 10:20 AM
I also have an electra elite 192 phne system with no manuals.

Need programing manual to make changes.

Having a problem resetting an extension that was redirected to an outside phone# and some phones are not displaying the correct time.
Posted By: tscad Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 04/29/08 10:25 AM
For all of you who want manuals and are having a hard time obtaining them check out https://www.tech-man.com

Do a quick search for NEC, scroll down and you'll see NEC Telecom and a list of hundreds of manuals for NEC. By the way, I am in no way affiliated with them. I use this site whenever I need a manual because it's fast and easy. They do charge something like 10 bucks for a days worth of downloading. So download all you can within that day smile
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 04/29/08 10:52 AM
Check the Manual link at the top of the page..the second one listed is a one time fee not a per day charge.
Posted By: tscad Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 04/29/08 02:10 PM
Test-Ok - If you are referring to the link that I posted it is not a one time fee. 24 hour access is $10. 7 day access is $20. The longest they offer is a one year access for $120. Most of the links that you offer on this site are more complete, however they charge almost $10 per manual. As you and I both know each system can have up to 10 or more manuals. That can add up! I use the tech-man site if they have the manuals. Like I said, they are not as complete as many other sites, but a whole lot cheaper!
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 04/29/08 02:59 PM
Nope sorry...I was talking about the second listing in the link above Manuals which is the All Types - Tech Center Which is a one time $ 39.50 charge..not a recurring daily, monthly or yearly fee. And he offers support on this site for the last 8 years, most at no charge.
Which make me wonder why anyone would use that site...and they have Inter-tel, Executone and Isotec manuals..thats a no no.

Just want to make sure the folks know where the bargains are. wink
Posted By: mshedd Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 06/02/08 12:41 PM
3 years ago when I started my phone would ring aloud anytime someone called our company. We did something back then that made it no longer ring allowed in my office. Now they want me to be able to help answer calls when they come in and we can't figure out how to make it ring aloud in my office again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected] or reply via post here.
Posted By: goat Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 06/13/08 10:06 AM
Hey Phone Guy can you please send me the default username and password for NEC Elitemail LX Web administration console? I just inherited a system but have no usernames, passwords or documents to speak of. My email is: [email protected]

Thanks!
I know this post is many years old. I am certified in many nec platforms Elite, IPK II, SV8100 and SV8500 but have the same issue with an FMS 8 with lost admin password. Have cosession, BRU and can connect to system but no password. I could default and resetup but its been 10 years since I have done one an no old notes. Any help would be appreciated.
You can find older manuals at www.wedophones.com. They are free downloads.
Yes but the manuals don't tell you how to reset the admin password. Was just trying to keep from having to default it
Posted By: paulw Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 10/30/14 08:11 PM
Kaos-Tech . Has the password been changed??
Yes paulw, we just paid nec to crack it, Thanks
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Electra Elite 192 Voicemail modification - 11/05/14 10:44 PM
Do you mind if I ask how much they charged?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help